Sculpty parts to my clothes...IM so stuck!!!

Bex Fallen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi there ive been creating my own clothing for a few weeks and now want to add prim cuffs, collars. Bows and the like to my creations. I have the sculptys so that's all good..Trouble is after I attach them to the point on my avatar where I want them, they don't move with my avi. So if my AO kicks in or I dance the sculpy cuffs are still where I attached them and not actually on my arms looking as part of my shirt design. Any pointers on what im doing wrong??

6 answers to this question

Hello, when you say they don't move with you, do you mean they just stay in the air where you were? If that is the case, what you need to do is wear them, for example, if you have a sculpt collar you would wear it, say attached to your spine, for example. Once you are wearing it, then edit it and place it precisely where you want it to be. For sleeves, wear them attached to your arms and position them where you want them to be.

Is this what you meant? 

Hey Charlotte ty for responding. Thats not quite what i meant so apologies for my bad description of the issue. I wear the cuffs and then postion them to the exact place i want them but then as soon as my avatar moves her arms the cuffs stay static and dont move with the arm at all. So i have no issue with actually wearing the sculpty parts its making the sculpty parts look like they are incorporated into the shirt when i move that is the issue.

Ok, so when you position the cuff on your wrist, it looks fine, but when you move your arm, the cuff does not stay attached to your arm? Perhaps try attaching it to a different attachment point to get the desired effect, for example, if it is attached to your shoulder and you are not pleased with the result, try the forearm or hand as the attachment point. Usually wrist cuffs are attached to hand or forearm, short sleeve cuffs to upper arm.

It is likely the attachment points you are using.

Make your cuff then attach to lower arm or forearm (cant remember which is says) but you need the cuff attached near the wrist  unless it is a rolled up sleeve and then you would want uppper arm.  Once you have the cuff attached, you will need to position it correctly.  Collars usually attach to spine

Hi Bex, Did you get your problem solved? I'm having the same problem. Lol. I tried all of the attachment points for sleeves and they still move with my av. The sculpty sample sleeve seems to stay put. Anyhoo, if you got the problem solved, let me know. Charlotte, if you have any other suggestions, please let me know as well. Thx! Cathy

Hi, Cathy. I don't know of any other suggestion to make other than attach to various attachment points and see if any of those work. Also, I would recommend going to a building school or building help area, maybe showing someone what the problem is will get better results. Also, posting a picture of the issue may get better responses as well. If you ever see me around, feel free to ask me to take a look.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4575 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.