I cannot log in to Second Life. I get the message that I cannot do it from my computer.

Sandon Galicia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I cannot log in to Second Life. I get the message that I cannot do it from my computer. Never happened before. Same computer since over a year. Latest SL Viewer

Comment from me, Sandon Galicia, several days later:

Thank you for your answers and trying to help me. I rebooted and restarted as I kindly was adviced to do. And I was back on track. I have had some minor disturbances with logging in after that but nothing like the first and kind of confusing message that popped up. 

Thank you for your help!

3 answers to this question

Try rebooting your router.  Unplug it for a few minutes, plug it back in and then try to enter SL.

If you have been blocked by LL, you would have received an email to the address you specified with the account.  Check your spam folder, too.

I would try rebooting first.  It may be as simple as that.

In addition to other good answers, see http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Login-failure/ta-p/700109#Section_.1.3

You cannot log into Second Life from this location

This error message may also appear as:

• Login failed.
  • Second Life cannot be accessed from this computer.

These messages generally indicate you have been blocked from the Second Life servers by Linden Lab as the result of:

• Documented cases of fraud
  • Use of Second Life by a minor
  • Exceptionally flagrant abuse activity

Note that someone else in your household may be responsible for this activity, not necessariliy with your account. 

If you believe that this is an error, submit a support ticket via the support portal. To help customer support determine what block has been placed and why, include in the ticket your Second Life account name and any Second Life accounts that log in from your location.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.