Sign in to follow this  
Tamara Artis

Did you met a secret alt of a close person in your SL?

Here is the situation:

I was having sex with that guy for some time, no relationship, just fun. He was demanding that I see only him, he wanted no other characters in my SLife. And for me it was enough to have only him so I didn't pay much attention to the fact that he was always repeating I am not allowed to be with others. Someties he had other "toys", sometimes he was saying I am the only one. I knew them. To be honest I didn't care for others cause we were spending waaay too much time together anyway. I liked his company but sometimes I wished he had other girls just so I don't feel bad if I want to do other stuff outside of his sim, alone lol

When I met him, one of his closest friends was warning me how he has many alts and to be really carefull with him. I didn't care cause I don't do anything secretly..

Later I met few of his female alts and I think 2 male alts

One day I was inworld, (he was off) and I get an invitation to one fashion show, it was about one kind of clothes that he makes. I send him a msg on skype and ask is he interested and send him a slurl. He was online on skype but no reply so i supposed he was afk. For me it was not really an interesting type of a fashion but for some reason i decided to go and see what is all about.

So i tp there, sit and wait. Start to perv on all other avis and in one sec i get shocked! I see him sitting there! I could not believe it, I mean I don't care where he goes but he was offline on my fr list and I sent him a skype msg about that event, and he ignored me?? Then I zoomed out and got shocked again lol, it was a different name of avi! And the last name was same as he had for the whole little army of alts that were on his sim every day when he was home rl! Finally I met one of his alts!

And here is the interesting part; that character had same shape, same skin as his main avi (a little lighter), same ugly hair that he was wearing for years and same outfit that he was wearing few months ago on his rezz day! And, that alt was sitting with a hostess from the main avis club!

I took a snapshot (actually many of them lol) and sent it to my best friend so she can see it! No doubt its his alt, she said.

Then I sent an IM to that girl - a hostess, and said hello and usuall stuff. She went off immediatelly:P Then my other friend located me on the map, came to see the crowd and we were doing some crazy stuff so I ignored the alt for the time.

Tomorrow morning first thing he asked was how was the fashion show? I sad ok and told him I saw a guy same as he is and asked was that his alt? I also sent him a snapshot I took so he can see for himself how creepy that other guy looked! He said nooooooo, that guy is waaay uglier than me (but they are same haha) and told me he is thinking of changing the vendors in his shop! Yes it was an instant change of subject.

We continued to talk about his vendors and never ever again mentioned the alt person. I didn't care, I know guys don't have much stuff to choose from, but I also know how much he likes how his avi looks so its no wonder he wanted to have two same guys haha

Anyway, this was my experience I wanted to share, and I think it would be interesting to see how others met secret alts of their closest friends/lovers etc.

My few experiences have not been so dramatic.  I have a few close friends that have alts for one reason or another and I believe I have met all of 'them'.  They all told me straight up about whatever alt/alts they had and I friended some of them.  No big deal.

I think it's sensible to assume that everybody has alts in SL. And of course some alts are secret alts. If people didn't keep them secret from their usual circle of friends and lovers, what would be the point of having an alt? 

Never had a dramatic instance of meeting an alt. There  have situations where a friend has disclosed alts after meeting them.. In full disclosure often tell my partner('s) all the alts I have.. All but one.  Even my SO has logged on as alt (suspicsions) But never really care enough..

Happy Tuesday..

PS have an alt question lingering also..

I went through a somehow similar situation just a few days ago…not that I had any relationship with the guy though, but he may have a nice amount of alts for which I fathom.

I meet a guy…he began flattering me about how much he liked me, my many qualities, how beautiful my av is, that he wanted us to spend all our time online together and blah blah blah…all of this while I was listening with a mix of amusement and the customary scepticism

Well, fast forward…the guy logs off to have RL dinner; meanwhile, I take a better look at his profile and groups and in one of them…surprise! I find no one but two of his alts; one of them with a bunch of picks devoted to several unnamed girls in his profile (If he has no more than these two alts or a whole army of them will remain unknown forever. Lol!)

A while later, the guy comes back online. I tell him absolutely nonchalantly something like “Hey! I found 2 of your alts in your group” (I had just met him; he was just a new acquaintance, therefore I didn’t give a dime about how many zillions of alts he may have) His reaction though was kinda revealing. IMO, the proper thing to do would have been to answer me “yes, I have those 2 alts, so what?”… Geez, I have 2 non-secret alts myself, none of them I have ever used to cheat on no one! Instead of this though, there we had...the perfect portrait of a kid caught trying to snatch the cookie jar. I almost could see his av blushing in embarrassment, while he started blabbering just the kind of stuff that did nothing but bury him deeper in s***.  First; none of these avs were his alts, 3 seconds later, one of them was, 3 seconds more, and both of them were indeed his alts…and as icing on the cake he was “about  to pass them onto a friend of him” or two friends or…whatever…all in all, I thank the guy. He gave me a good laugh that evening

Needless to say; he’s not spoken me further…poor thing must be out looking for some brainless chick….he must have realized how bad of a deal women with brains are

*Edit to fix a typo

Interesting story!

I would also think its someone else's alt, for 20 minutes :matte-motes-big-grin:....After a while I would probably think I am a bit paranoid too. Why would you care if its alt or not. You had just sex and fun pixel stuff, right? Be direct you deserve it

SL is a big place, millions of alts or avatars log in everyday and there is a very small number of SL creators per capita! Which brings us all to ware the same looks, moves, gestures and more... Do you know the inspect button on some of the viewers? Person can inspect attached prims of the creators to see who is the designer, and if the prim is copyboted or not. Maybe it just someone who liked your friend's looks and maybe bought all stuff the same! And guess what you can also see who was the last owner of the prims if they are give away/transfer

For example I bought my skin & my shape from the famous body shop creator in SL.I always know who wares that type of brand immediately! So far as my clothes, hair and other things...I buy them on marketplace, mostly higlighted products because I am lazy to search and search and think about it, its not RL shopping apteral :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

My point is in SL everyone looks the same, wares the same clothes, AO's, dances and so on and so on...I freak out when I see an avatar who has the same skin as me and that creator's shape.

Alt problems paranoia is hard to handle, you feel cheated you see someone looks like your friend inworld? Right? I am when I see some of the people who look like my friends in here, but then again I stop to wodner is it or it isnt him/her, why they hide? But I went over alt paranoia thingl, if I supose someone is trying to hide from me with his/her alt to avoid me- like you feel now because you sent Skype PM and so on...I am direct and go on the IM and ask!

Why didnt you IM that person e.g. - why dont you go online with your main avatar or you just start IM-ing like its your friend who you asume it is! You have nothing to loose if it bugs you so much and you can always say like sorry but you look like my friends alt, I thought he was hiding from me!

And do you know what is a copybot? Why didnt you IM this guy and say, hey why did you copybot my friend you both look the same, I will report you its not nice and its illegal you will get mac ban! Then you will see the reaction if this guy is a creator as you said he is, he would be freaked out and say it out loud, because no one who makes money here wants to get mac banned! :matte-motes-big-grin:

I would do it like that.

Hey Mix!

It happened few months ago, today i saw a post about alts and remembered that story:) it was really interesting and exciting when I was there so I wanted to share it, when it happened I was thinking its his alt, so that was my experience..

I didn't inspect or asked more questions cause.. well I am too lazy, its not my business and I don't see what would I get by finding out if it was an alt or not.

Also, one of my dear crazy-stalker friends located me on the map and teleported there soon after me, he was like, Omfg where do you find those events?? And I didn't even get a chance to tell him about that alt, the friend decided its a really boring fashion show, took his clothes off and started to walk around pretending to be a naked model:P I forgot about the alt lol

I love alts as long as they arent being evil and doing bad or illegal things or avoding me or someonelse, stalking on purpose :matte-motes-big-grin: Thats so freaky!

Anyways its hard to ever find out if someone is an alt or just an impersonator or copybot maniac

I had similar experience too, I am not sure either and I am lazy too!

Hahaha, naked!! Awesome!

One of my friends IM'd me, said she was in tears in RL, thinking of quitting the game.  A new player who I'd met when I had a Linden Home (wanted to see what a Linden Home was like), as she lived next door.

It turns out there was a neighbor of hers (on the new non-Linden Home land he'd convinced her to buy at a very inflated price) who was convinced she was someone else's alt, and he ripped into her "fake story" of not even knowing what an alt is.   After I calmed her down, explained what an alt is, googled the dude to find out he has made such an @$$ out of himself in the past that there are websites dedicated to what a jerk he is (sending her the url's REALLY cheeered her up), we plotted our revenge heh heh heh heh heh :womanmad:

The one time i've come across such a scenario, the guy was completely open about the fact that there were two of "him" and he very quickly relogged in order to introduce me to the second.  The funny thing was, people (i.e.,women) would insist they were dealing with two completely different people and he couldn't convince them otherwise. It was ridiculous; not only were the two of them identical in every way, they even had the same profiles, picks, etc -- word for word.  

I don't think you can conclude decisively that the avatar you saw that day was his alt.   Maybe your guy uses a generic shape and skin that is easily copied?   Maybe his whole avatar was copy-botted?  It's strange that he would show up with an identical alt at an event he knew you were going to attend.  Unless he wanted to make you jealous, of course. :matte-motes-grin:  But then why not show up as himself?  Very odd!

Your first paragraph makes him sound like an utter dickwad, btw.   Is he?

squashy Beeswing wrote:

Your first paragraph makes him sound like an utter dickwad, btw.   Is he?

Sorry lol, what is an utter dickwad? I'm not a native English speaker, but that expression sounds really interesting:)

And about the alt, maybe it was, maybe it wasn't, and as I wrote earlier, my first impression was that its an alt, and thats my experience. When he said it was another guy I just moved on and didn't think about it.

But if I now say it wasn't, then my story sucks lol

Thermal Absent wrote:

I often wonder if I'm an alt or the orginal.. ha!

Happy Wensday
Tamara...

Hey guess what it rained again today 3rd stairght day..

Hahaha maybe you could start a thread about it! I often wonder if I am crazy :P

Was it just a simple rain or you had some storm too? I wish for some storms here... Too quiet lol

Happy WTF :P

I once met the alt of my alt. It was like an out of body experience.

I've never met, that I know of, a "secret" alt of one of my friends. I've met many of their alts, but I always know who they are. Whether or not my friends have other alts I have no clue, lol. I figure if they wanted me to know, they'd tell me. So I very well may have run across them once or twice and just not know it.

I don't leave my home sim often enough to even care, I guess.