I liked the old browser better

BigMac Desoto

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4613 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Viewer 2 has improved a lot since its original release. So much so you could argue it was no longer the same viewer well before they went to Viewer 3 with the introduction of mesh.

Now, there's some very valid complaints about Viewer 2, I know I have a list of my own, but most of the complaints people have aren't actually real., or greatly exaggerated. And a lot of the aversion people used to the V1 interface have comes from just how much the UI was reorganized.

The thing is, nearly all that reorganization was undeniably for the better. It's so much easier to find stuff at the top of the screen now, where in Viewer 1 a lot of features where scattered around between the various menus with no rhyme or reason. Of course, if you're used to where things were before then of course there's a frustrating period of relearning the interface.

The sidebar is a mixed bag. Some things absolutely should not be in the sidebar, other things work well with it. I do wish we had the same amount of customization options available for the sidebar that we do for the toolbar at the bottom of the screen. I'd love to remove the Home tab from the sidebar altogether and alter the inventory tab to open a floating window rather than the crammed sidebar inventory.

I absolutely love how much we can customize the top and bottom of the viewer screen now, tho. Just wish I could move the land details from the tiny land detail bar back up to the top bar with the menus. Also wish I could make the bottom bar totally invisible like some skins do. I usually only have 1-3 buttons visible down there at most. Often I have no buttons down there.  I'd appreciate the additional screen space.

Baloo Uriza wrote:

I see we're now up to having the same pointless bitchfest twice daily now...does nobody read the archives to make sure they're not covering ground so old that the dead horse has been beaten flat by the traffic?

So...why not just scroll past posts you find uninteresting rather than complaining about complaining?

Deej Kasshiki wrote:

Baloo Uriza wrote:

I see we're now up to having the same pointless bitchfest twice daily now...does nobody read the archives to make sure they're not covering ground so old that the dead horse has been beaten flat by the traffic?

So...why not just scroll past posts you find uninteresting rather than complaining about complaining?

I've been slowly giving up on SL due to the constant whining about everything by self important twits. Why can't you people just get over it and move on, it's not like LL is forcing anyone to use v2.

leliel Mirihi wrote
I've been slowly giving up on SL due to the constant whining about everything by self important twits. Why can't you people just get over it and move on, it's not like LL is forcing anyone to use v2.

"You people"? "Self important twits"? Nice...

So why can't you just scroll past as well?

If people complaining (and doing so pretty mildly actually--if you want to see real nastiness check the WoW or Eve Online forums) on a forum upsets you so much the wild world that is the greater internet must make you apoplectic.

I've been in SL for 5 years now, all the while as a paying premium account. If I, as a paying customer, am not getting the service that I'm paying for then I have the right to ask the service provider to make things right. You see people complaining whereas I see very loyal customers who are trying to get the Lab to fix problems! How would they even know about a great number of issues with the service and the viewer if not for residents speaking up or filling out JIRAs? Also, if the Lab were far more communicative and transparent people wouldn't be so frustrated and come to these forums to blow off steam, but that's another issue. Maybe stop to consider that if 100s of people have the same issue, perhaps there is something wrong, even though everything may be fine for you.

Sorry if that upsets or inconveniences you. When you pay for my subscription then you can tell me what I can say and how to behave in SL. Until then, I'll follow my own counsel and continue posting as I see fit, thanks very much.

Deej Kasshiki wrote:

I've been in SL for 5 years now, all the while as a
paying
premium account. If I, as a
paying
customer
, am not getting the
service
that I'm
paying
for then I have the right to ask the service provider to make things right. 

You're paying for the hosting, not the viewer.  Want to pay for the viewer?  Hire a programmer and tell 'em to get cracking.

Deej Kasshiki wrote:

leliel Mirihi wrote

"You people"? "Self important twits"? Nice...

So why can't you just scroll past as well?

If people complaining (and doing so pretty mildly actually--if you want to see real nastiness check the WoW or Eve Online forums) on a forum upsets you so much the wild world that is the greater internet must make you apoplectic.

I've been in SL for 5 years now, all the while as a
paying
premium account. If I, as a
paying
customer
, am not getting the
service
that I'm
paying
for then I have the right to ask the service provider to make things right. You see people complaining whereas I see very loyal customers who are trying to get the Lab to fix problems! How would they even know about a great number of issues with the service and the viewer if not for residents speaking up or filling out JIRAs? Also, if the Lab were far more communicative and transparent people wouldn't be so frustrated and come to these forums to blow off steam, but that's another issue. Maybe stop to consider that if 100s of people have the same issue, perhaps there is something wrong, even though everything may be fine for you.

Sorry if that upsets or inconveniences you. When you pay for my subscription then you can tell me what I can say and how to behave in SL. Until then, I'll follow my own counsel and continue posting as I see fit, thanks very much.

Beating a dead horse for years on end is not what I'd call constructive criticism. The complaints people have about v2 now are the same ones they had a year and a half ago (except for the ones LL fixed long ago and the v2 haters never noticed). Add to the the people that question the mental competency and sanity of the v2 coders, and the people who make racist comments about the productenginers, make me think it's a little more than just loyal customers raising issues to be fixed.

You ask how LL would know about these problems, well I say they need only read the previous threads on the topic. It's not like rehashing the same things over and over every day is going to make things get fixed faster. And there will come a point where you will have to accept the fact that either LL doesn't care, or they think you're wrong and they're right. Which ever the case may be continuing to beat a dead horse won't solve anything. Either get over it and move on, or go somewhere else.

Deej Kasshiki wrote:

So maybe the Lab should fix the problems rather than you attack dogs trying to beat everyone up?

You've been barking for a year and a half and gotten nowhere. Maybe it's time you stopped talking and started acting by voting with your wallet, or even your time. If as many people hated v2 as is claimed and they all stopped paying, or worse yet stopped logging in, LL would sit up and take notice.

You notice how it wasn't until recently I started saying anything about the complaints? That's because I'm tired of hearing the same things every day when they obviously aren't working. I'm tired of being attacked for not joining in on the circle jerk of hate. I think you have it backwards on who the attack dogs are around here.

Oh, and since I've been here longer than both of you haters you I think I'll stick around, thanks.

Exactly what am I a hater of? All I said was you've being beating a dead horse for ages with nothing to show for it and that I was tired of listening to it. Why is it you have the right to complain but I don't?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4613 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.