Why do I only see my hair or other people's hair? And why is there water instead of land everywhere?

Vivawire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok. I am completely new to virtual worlds and have no clue about anything technical. Please treat me like a kindergärtner when you answer me otherwise I will just be confused.

I have a new MacBook Pro. When I first registered and logged on, everything seemed fine. I could see solid land, other people and myself. The next time I logged on, there was no land...only water. Plus, all I am is just a head of hair...nothing else. And when I can see people, I can only see their hair.

I have no clue what to do. Please help me!

Thanks!

Thanks for your responses.

I have an Intel HD Graphics 3000 card w/ VRAM (Total): 384 M. I'm not sure what you mean by the type of viewer I am using. All I have done is download the SL application and open it to access the site.

Is there another viewer I should be using?

I am going to take your advice and uninstall SL and reinstall it with the defaults to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks again!

Okay...I tried reinstalling SL and I get the same results.

How do I change the draw and graphics settings?

5 answers to this question

My first response would be that your Graphics Card is perhaps the issue but you say that you logged in with no issue the first time...have you tried a Character  Test ? This fixes a multitude of glitches with your own personal avi although it will have no bearing on whether you see land or other people, unless of course it is some kind of attachment you are wearing which is causing the issue... Short of that all I can say is id do a complete uninstall of SL and then reinstall again and of course check your system specs just to be sure. You never said what Viewer you are using. Im wondering if it could be  something you have inadvertently changed in your settings. Maybe click return to default on all settings that allow it.

good luck

Bex

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4415 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.