Wouldn't it make sense to have Premium Mature Sandboxes?

Myra Wildmist

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm wondering if it would not be a good idea to make all Linden-run sandboxes premium

The reason for this is that there's plenty of private and group-owned sandboxes, which are generally far more peaceful and better run than their Linden equivalents.    A main reason for this, to my mind, is that, as I understand it, it's very difficult (and probably very undesirable, too) to give residents the sort of group land powers that you sometimes need to keep things running smoothly and peacefully.    So, in effect, LL's only way of keeping things under control in their sandboxes is to make it impossible for throwaway alts to come in and cause difficulties.

I can see that this might just shift the problem to private or group sandboxes, but they're in a much better position to control things because group officers will almost certainly be able to pay more attention to the situation in a particular sandbox than are LL employees trying to wade through innumerable ARs about almost anything someone's taken exception to.

Innula, I think that makes sense on a lot of levels. It would be less upkeep and hassle for LL, as you say, plus, it's not likely to chase away any members, because non-premium members could always go to group sandboxes. And it gives people an extra motivation to get premium membership, possibly bringing more cash to LL, which hopefully would be good for us all.

It's a great idea.

For a while now the only time I've gone to a Linden Sandbox was for the entertainment of seeing the latest griefer attack methods, I've come to take it for granted that for any actual building I have to go to a group owned sandbox.  So making all the Linden Sandboxes Premium only sounds like a good idea to me.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.