inworld payment transaction

Bobby Raymation

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

When I logged in, I got notices of two sales from my shop,the payments received to my account and the payments from my account for the commissions on the sales.  However it does not appear in my transation record and it didn't post to my account balance.  It's as if it never happened.

No, it is not a marketplace sale.  I got the notices inworld, that's all. no transaction on my account and my account balance has not changed

5 answers to this question

I'm slightly confused.  As I read your post, I had the impression that you were talking about an in-world shop, but it sounds more like you meant a shop in Marketplace.  If the sale shows up in your Marketplace record, don't be terribly worried about th fact that it hasn't registered in your Transaction History at secondlife.com yet.  There's often a delay of several minutes -- sometimes hours -- before the two are in sync.

Ah, OK. In that case, the weak link is probably your vendor script. LL doesn't send you a message of any kind if a customer had bought something from your in-world shop. The only way you can be getting a message is if the vendor is scripted to send you one. If the vendor has been working properly up to now, then either one of two things may have happened: (1)a sim restart or some random event may have messed up the script or (2) a customer may have been tampering with it. At the very least, reset the script and test it several times to be sure that it is working again and sending L$ to your account. Unless it's a no-mod script (so you can't see into it), I'd also suggest looking at it very carefully ((or having a good scripter look at it) to see if there's a logic problem that could account for the bad behavior. A security hole in a vendor script could just mean that it hand out freebies occasionally, but depending on how the script is written, it could also make your account vulnerable to theft. If you're using one of the big commercial systems like HippoVend, see if you can get one of their staff to check it out.

ETA: As an afterthought.... Go to your shop and check (with CTRL + Alt + T) to be sure that someone hasn't put a scripted, transparent prim in front of your vendor to hijack sales. That's an old trick but still a common one.  Normally a thief wouldn;t send you a message to tweak your nose as he steals your sale, but you never know...... The best way to beat that scam, BTW, is to make your shop a no-rez zone.

If the payments are from some split commission vendor or some other scripted object, the money will have been paid by the customer to the object owner & then paid out from that account to whoever is entitled to a share of the money. If the money was paid to a group, group dividends are paid out the next day. If it is from an individual, it should be instant & it is probably just a slow update problem as already suggested.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.