To create a xploder system

scriptomane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4615 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello all,

What about xploder systems?

I have looked for policies of Second life but I have found only policies about wagering and gambling:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Policy_Regarding_Wagering_in_Second_Life

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Wagering_Games_FAQ

I think that xploders don't enter in these categories.. xploder isn't a bet or a gamble..

So the questions are:

- Are there policies about xploders?
- Are xploders legal?
- Which are the rules to respect to create a new xploder system?

Thanks for reading and thanks for your answers :)

2 answers to this question

Games of chance are classed as gambling, games of skill are not.

There are some timed sploders that claim to be skill games haha but the old random payout sploders have also made their way back all over the grid since the gambling ban too & technically they are not allowed.

However, I have seen them being sold with a caution that they are not allowed but that LL has chosen to turn a blind eye to sploders & that you buy/use one at your own risk.

So the bottomline is that yes sploders are being allowed, but LL could decide to enforce the gambling rule at anytime and have them all removed.

What's a xploder? Exactly ... if you have to pay to play it and there is a variable chance or amount of payout then it's illegal.  If neither of those apply it's legal.

Don't expect LL to either read your description or make a fair decision based on that - they'll just delist it if they feel like it and/or allow it if they like you.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4615 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.