Disconnected CONSTANTLY.

Jaylah Sass

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4284 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been trying to get back into SL, but it's kind of impossible right now because I can not go anywhere. Everytime I try to teleport, it disconnects me mid-way with the "darn!" error. 

I've tried the version 2, 3, and pheonix viewer and the same problem occurs with all three. I boot and rez fine but as soon as I try to tp somewhere, boom, the error.

Not sure what I should do, just getting frustrated. I do have the quality on low and no heavy objects/attatchments on. Just basic clothes/hair.

I am running Mac OS X v 10.6.8. Have never had a problem playing on this macbook before.

Jaylah:  I am having the exact same problem as of 09/04/11.   I have been using Firestorm Viewer for the most part but occasionally Viewer 2 and this error occurs on both.  Both viewers load normally and I rezz normally in my home.  I have noticed that in the "people" profiles no ones name is appearing and next to the icons it just keeps reading "loading."  I can do anything perfectly as long as I don't try and tp.  Change clothes, IM friends etc.

The moment I go to tp anywhere, however, I am diconnected and get the black and white freeze treatment.  Rebooting the viewer and then rebooting the computer did not help.

I am on Windows 7 64 bit so I don't think this problem has anything to do with our OS.

Another strange thing is when I go to the Landmarks File (Globe Icon) all my lanmarks appear normally but there is a strange overlay on my screen which has "save" and "cancel" buttons.  If I click "cancel" this effect vanishes and the screen appears normally.  It looks like some kind of transparent overlay on my landmarks screen when it appears.

Perhaps others more knowledgeable than I about the workings of computers in general will chime in?  If I had to guess at this point...because I see your post and similar posts on the forum with these problems and because the problem persists regardless of viewer used...I would say it may be an sl server side issue.   We may just have to tough it out.

I think "someone more knowledgeable" just spoke. :) Thank you Void. I am very good about scripts. Script counters always give my avatar raves reviews..I practically hear fanfare and trumpets. Have tried several outfits thinking that it might be an item in one of them causing the problem but apparently is not. Same crash each time. I expect sl will get on the "rolling restarts" bandwagon after the holidays.

make sure you check network connection (wired not wireless is important too) and also try logging in to a different low traffic region and TPing to another one that is similar to see if either of those are the problem... if it's not any of those (since you've tested the others) and the problem is new, then it's off to voodoo fixes like reinstalling... and looking for new video drivers... if those fail the problem is likely to be too rare to guess, and heavens help you, because odds are no one else can =X

Jaylah: Oddly enough here is what worked for me. I have both Viewer 2 and Firestorm on my desktop and when I returned home from work logged into Viewer 2. Firestorm is my "go to" viewer most of the time but I keep Viewer 2 on just to see how it may have changed and for the mesh rendering when that gets more prevalent. All I did was download the latest Viewer 3 (I guess they are calling it that now) update and problem solved. Teleporting like a champ again. Don't know if that is applicable to your situation or not but good luck.

Jaylah:  A few observations.  During the upgrade process on Viewer 2 as it was downloading it did make changes to the "LSL Bridge" which I am guessing is the way Firestorm connects to the sl database.  Perhaps this had something to do with reenabling tp's?

In any event teleporting now working perfectly on both Viewer 2 and the Firestorm viewer.

Huzzah!  :)

the "LSL bridge" is simply an attachment, used only by phoenix/firestorm, that extends some of the viewer capabilities by giving them access to inworld script commands (some of the extended information in the radar list, and a few other things).

V2+ does NOT make an changes to it, nor does it use it.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have the same issues with tping....everything disappears and im standing on just land.....I can cancel tp and Sometimes it will keep the tp going and i will land several seconds later.    I did a clean install last week and it was fine...now its doing it again.......its a real **bleep**.    I've been in SL almost 5 yrs now and never had so many problems with tping.  It sucks!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4284 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.