IS there someone that i can talk to now? My Main account has been hacked! please help!

Bitchygirly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

Bitchygirly wrote:

i think someone changed my password somehow and i cant remember my old yahoo email account that i used when i signed up for this. I swichted over to gmail so i can get emails on mphone

In that case you need to go to https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/ & without logging in, submit a ticket using your current email address, either in the category "SL web login issues" (which will get them to sort out the password situation) or "I believe my account has been compromised" (which will get them investigating a potential security breach & may get the account on hold for a while). It depends if you just want the account back or you want the situation investigated.

If you think your account has been hacked, then the first thing to do is to change your password.  Then contact LL via a support ticket or, if you are premium, use Live Chat.  If you have payment info on file, contact the CC provider if you used a CC for payment information, your bank if you used a debit card or PayPal if you used PayPal.  And, finally, contact your local law enforcement agency. 

There is personal information that is tied to your account.........protect it.  Not only is your identity at stake, but so is your personal safety.  Don't take this lightly..........it's really that important.

And, just for your information.  It's more likely that you were not "hacked" in the real sense of the term.  More likely someone guessed your password and accessed your account..........end result is the same.  Your personal information could have been compromised.  Don't play waiting games.....do it now!!!

i have an alt yoyojolene kabila last year i changed her password well i have forgotten her password and not only that i cant even remembner what email address i used the one for my main name burnedbridges is the one i thought was for her but apparently not what can i do to at least get a temp password to change the one i set and to use my burnedbridges212@yahoo.com for her been like a year and trying and trying to remember her password help please

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.