Online friends showing as offline *and* not receiving IMs until next login - anybody else?

Libertine Frostbite

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4590 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

All week I've been trying to connect with a particular contact. We never appeared online for each other, and we did not receive IMs we tried to send each other until our next login. This morning, we confirmed via timestamps and email that we had both been online during these times.  Neither of us had set the other to see us as offline. (In fact we'd both been rather keen to see each other.)

This morning when I logged in, all my contacts showed as offline, both in my contact list and in their profiles -- but one of my SL friends was standing right next to me. In local chat she confirmed she also showed everyone as offline. She IMed me and we were then able to see each other online. She recommended a process she'd once been given by LL when she was ghosted, so I did it -- cleared cache, logged out, rebooted computer, powercycled modem and router, then relogged into the Cyclops ghost login sim. Suddenly a dozen contacts were showing online and I was able to IM them.

The friend I've kept missing is supposed to be online shortly, and I've asked him to shoot me an email when he logs in, just in case we still show as offline to each other, but in the meantime, has anyone else run into anything like this? It started for me on 8/27.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4590 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.