I lost an entire folder form my inventory.

Dee Theas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I lost an entire folder from my inventory..all my housewares. I read the help section and cleared all my caches, relogged, did not TP..and it still has not come back. I also sent in a trouble ticket and have gotten no help. How do I contact someone to look into this for me. I lost a lot of items, homes, landscaping, etc and really would like to get them back. Thanks for your help!

6 answers to this question

Also, if you have submitted a ticket, the response will not be immediate.  Usually days.  Look at the link Val kindly provided to you and see if any of those suggestions help.  It is important that you let your inventory reload completely after clearing cache and before doing anything.

If you are a premium member, you can aleays try Live Chat in the Help area.

• Like 1

Sad to say I have been EXACTLY where you are. I lost all my home and garden items (about 4000 of them) a few months ago. I also lost my "belts" folder (obviously in a very different place) and one of my backup folders (this eventually reappeared). I have no idea how it happens but this was the second giant inventory loss for me in my almost 4 years.

I am not premium so didn't bother to send in a ticket. Live Chat "could" get you action faster and urban legend says that recovery of database oopes needs to be in about 48 hours or you are lost. I have no idea if this is true, but logically they can't keep unlimited copies of inventory backups; just too much space needed for all the residents. Also a friend of mine who lost here whole "shop" (all her products so anything not on the floor was gone) was premium and it did her no good. She closed her shop and moved on.

I know (oh I so do know) how devastating such a big loss can be. My only positive bit of encouragement is that with most losses, the despair does get better in time. And, we can move on. Some losses cannot be recovered. The creators have left SL, but some can be replaced and there is always newness around the corner.

When people tell you that SL "cannot" lose your inventory -- they simply don't know. There are too many folks that have had this happen to them. Mine was immediately after a database changeover and now when I see messages of database work in the daily activities login I still cringe a bit.

If you are premium, do try Live Chat and see if they can expedite (or at least try) to get you folder back.

• Like 1

Thank you...it has been over 48 hours because I know LL needs time to get to the tickets...so its history now... I have tried all the solutions given to recovering inventory..I follow directions quite well ...I even downloaded SL viewer2 again...hoping it might come back...but..oh well...and yes...there was stuff in there I can never recover as the designers are gone...so I will just have to suck it up and move on...thanks for your comment...made me feel better knowing I was not crazy!

You two are absolutely right. This has happened to me twice before and nothing was done. Now it happened again 3rd time just yesterday I got some of my lindens back from the honest people on SL and they understood my problem. But I have no inventory items shapes, skins, clothes, hair everything is gone! I'm contemplating putting in a ticket but this is why I have not playing SL in over 1 year. I got no help at all by putting in a ticket they just told me rubbish each and every time. Good Luck I 100% feel your pain.

This also happened to me, for just about the exact same folder. I had a "misc" folder directly under My Inventory that held everything from furniture and homes to automobiles and just about everything that I couldn't fit into the preset folders, full of things I don't really need daily but would need perhaps once every few months.

That being said, I didn't even notice the folder was gone until recently and I have no idea how long it's actually been gone. I'm just glad I had my favourite pieces already out in my SL home so I didn't lose everything relating to home and furniture.

I'd just like to know how it happened and how losses like that could be prevented in the future, really.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4464 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.