'Preview While Walking' incorrect?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3542 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've just tried uploading a combat/defensive pose (it is in a 7 frame loop) at priority level 2. When the user moves I want them to appear walking still (so the animation doesn't always stay dominant). But when uploaded, for some reason, the animation is static throughout movement, no walking animation (particularly in the body and legs) takes place?

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for your time again!

Ok, without knowing more about what you are trying to do, I can only speculate. I assume that your avatar is holding a weapon and you want him to keep holding it right while walking and running.

Priority 2 is probably not the right priority for what you want to do.

There are basically 4 ways to accomplish what you want:

1 - You create a full AO for the weapon, or whatever you are holding. This means, walks, runs, maybe even jump, flying and whatever.This is probably way too much work and unneeded for most things.

2 - You create a full AO with only animating the upper body, leaving the rest of the waist, hips and legs at zero, to be animated by another AO, or the default.

3 - You create an upper body pose with the rest at 0, make it priority 3 or 4, and just play the animation using a script in the weapon. This is how it should work, but will get override by AOs that use all priority 4 animations.

4 - You create a script for the weapon that stops and restarts the hold animation every few seconds. This can create lag.

For anything holding something, you have to at least go as high as a priority 3, probably 4, or it just won't work right.

• Like 1

This helped, thanks.

But, with the priority and walking situation... I noticed that on Viewer 3.0 (which doesn't show any leg movement when the body parts are not zet to 0) showed differently to third party viewers, which showed the leg movement as in the preview (Phoenix Viewer)...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3542 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.