SECONDLIFE

RAGE Zoilin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4610 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I HAVE EVERYTHING THATS REQUIRED FOR SECONDLIFE TO RUN THE GRAPHICS RUN GREAT I EVEN INCREASED THE MB CACHE  TO SEE IF IT WOULD RUN BETTER  (ONCE I LOG IN IT RUNS GREAT THEN LIKE 2-3 MINS AFTER IT LOADS IT STARTS TO LAG BAD LIKE IF I AM AT AN FRIENDS PLACE IT WILL BE OK TILL AN FEW MINS THEN IMIN LAG MODE AN I EVEN RESETED MY CAHES AN MADE SURE IM NOT HAVING ANY BIG SCRIPTS OR ATTACHMENTS OR HUDS TO LAG ME DOWN AN IVE TRIED OTHER VIEWERS TO SEE IF ITLL WORK  AN STILL THE SAME PROBLEM AM I MISSING SOMETHING OR NEEDING SOMETHING CAN ANYONE HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHAT I NEED TO EITHER GET OR DOWNLOAD OR WHAT EVER THE CASE MAY BE OR IS IT JUST SL  

THIS IS WHAT MY SYSTEM IS  (MICROSOFT WIN XP HOME  SERVICE PACK 3 )---( INTEL(R) CORE(TM)2CPU T5600 @ 1.83GHZ 1.00GB OF RAM

TY FOR LOOKING AN POSTING ANY HELPFULL IDEAS

9 answers to this question

Have you reduced your Draw Distance in Preferences under Graphics? Shaders can be turned off, nearby local lights can be turned off.

I don't use voice because of lag, I hide particles, set the time of day to a fixed time (midday).

A speed test on my pc several years ago, revealed that my ISP was not providing the promised bandwidth

(squirrels were stealing insulation from the line for their nest, every time it rained my connection was interrupted) What I wanted to know from my ISP was, "how did the squirrel discover that warm and cozy insulation is inside that cable"? The cable company could not provide an answer.

• Like 2

Is your graphics setting in preferences set on the Recommended settings for your configuration?  How high is your draw distance?

When you write 'lag bad', what is your FPS (frames per second)?  You can ind that out by doing CTL-Shift-1.  A small box will popup and you can read your FPS at the top of the box.  Do the same key combo to close the box.

Welcome to Second Life Answers, RAGE

If your graphics is up to scratch, the latest drivers installed, it sounds like your connection is problematic. Squirrels aside (laughing at Knowl's fab answer), all broadband providers promise "up to" sooper-dooper fast speeds, but they don't tell you this can fluctuate greatly, depending how many other users share your broadband. At different times of the day and week here, my FPS can vary between 0.50 to 25; almost to the point of being able to set my clock by it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4610 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.