My Pay-pal account

AuroraLeRoi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3894 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm trying to set up this alt with my paypal account, and I keep getting an error on the billing page that it sends you back to once it says that it's accepted the billing agreement,  the error reads

An error occurred while processing your request. The use of this PayPal account has been restricted.

I'm not sure as to what to do, I looked for other people who've had this issue and tried the suggestion of changing my password and security questions and I still get the error.   Is this a problem that's on my end or LL's?   It's going through on paypal but it's not confirming on SL.

4 answers to this question

Contact the billing support:

Billing support phone numbers

Toll-Free (US/Canada)

Long-Distance

Our Billing team is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Local Toll-Free numbers
  • France: 0805.101.490
  • Germany: 0800.664.5510
  • Japan: 0066.33.132.830
  • Portugal: 800.814.450
  • Spain: 800.300.560
  • UK: 0800.048.4646
  • Support is in English Only

The problem is most likely on LL's end, and is also extremely unlikely that they will fix it for you. You are almost certainly going to have to use some other form of payment info, like AMEX or MasterCard or Visa. Once LL decides you can't use PayPal, you're well and truly screwed.

LL does some incredibly stupid things with how they process PayPal. The worst of these is that they arbitrarily place a five time lifetime limit on associating a person's PayPal info with any avatar accounts. So if you have five accounts, you can assign each one to PayPal for Payment info. A sixth account would fail, just like it does on a credit card.

BUT, with how LL handles PayPal, it is a lifetime counter, that doesn't decrement if you take PayPal OFF of an account.

If you had one avatar, and on five occasions changed your payment info  from PayPal to a credit card and back again, you would burn up all five of your allowed associations for PayPal, and get a message just like you are describing.

With credit cards, however, they only count that 5-account limit to how many accounts currently are associated with that exact payment method. I could have 5 alts all on AMEX, take one off AMEX and put it on MasterCard, and put some other account on the AMEX, or restore AMEX as the payment method for the one I switched temporarily to MasterCard. No problems.

Why they don't allow that in their PayPal processing is something they have never explained, and believe me, Residents have complained about it and asked for explanations for years.

I had that happen to me. I had a main account and 4 alts all on PayPal. I took my main off PayPal and switched to Amex so I could buy L$ for a purchase larger than my PayPal would have handled. When I went to switch back to PayPal, I was refused, with precisely the same message you're getting, and LL absolutely refused to fix the problem. Their only solution was, "You'll have to use some other form of credit card."

They are still perfectly happy to allow me to use PayPal for the four alts, and to allow my main to cash out to PayPal. There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with my verified PayPal account, which I have maintained in good standing since well before Linden Lab went into business, and which is a merchant-class account. The problem is entirely on LL's end, with their short-sighted and inadequate handling of PayPal.

• Like 2

You would think SL would allow a "PayPal Verified Account". I have money in my PayPal account, an actual balance, and SL will not accept it. They're missing out on A LOT of money by having all these restrictions. Even a pre-paid card w/Visa and Mastercard should be accepted. Doesn't make sense that it isn't. They're getting their money, guaranteed money, and they won't accept it??? Makes absolutely no sense. I just started playing this game and I WILL NOT use my credit card, that I have to pay interest on, to buy Lindens. If actual "cash" isn't good enough for Linden Labs, I'll find another game that is willing to take my money. Hasta la vista LL!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3894 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.