Sign in to follow this  
Andy Greenstein

Question about renting homesteads and regions

I have been looking at renting some land and I can't for the life of me figure out how the owners are making money.  Most homesteads I have found rent for about $7500L a week.  Thats 30000L a month.  And with the current exchange rate, thats $112.07 US.  The homesteads cost $125 US a month to maintain from linden labs.  How are they making any profit?!  

I've found it to be the same for the most part when the land is divided even further.  I see 1/2 homesteads for sale for 3900L a week.  Which is 15600 a month, which is $58.28 US.  Multiply by two and they are making $116.56 US a month.

Can anyone give me an explanation of how this is all possible?  The only thing i can assume is that they region prices might be grandfathered.  Maybe the land owners are paying $75 a month for the homesteads or something?  I feel like such a noob even though i just had my 7th SL birthday, haha.  Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Andy

My first thought is, they aren't making any profit. They rent is an attempt to keep the lights on and the Region open.  

Not sure if the First Land Program included whole Regions.

I know there are Charter Members, not sure what their Land fee schedule looks like.