Problems and I need help, please!

Carlos Cameron

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4615 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Been back a short while but I'm having all sorts of problems when I first log in.

When I log in.

I start out as a ghost then my shape is terribly distorted. I check what I'm wearing and it says "Ruth" something. No matter how many times I log out or re-boot it stays the same. 

Currently, I'm using the Phoenix viewer.  The other day I was able to put on my regular shape and after twiking it here and there I was back to normal. 

I came in the other night and I was fine after having gone through all that trouble the night before.. But now I come in tonight and again once again I'm having the same problem. It's really frustrating and time consuming.

Tonight, I tried to put on my shape but it's telling me I need to wait until my clothes rezz. But they're not rezzing and I'm in a place where there is no one here but me.I go to "advance" and I rebake and again I get this stupid "ruth" shape. It's really begining to get to me since I have to waste all this time going thru' this same thing once again. I'm begining to think it's not worth the trouble coming back to sl if I have to go thru' this almost each time I log in.

Does anyone know how I can rid myself of this problem? I would really appreciate any help.

It's a common problem. Try rebaking first, control alt r. If that doesn't work, try switching your bald hair base for another. If that doesn't work try teleporting to a low lag sim. Usually Pool and Smeiley are recommended in NCI chat. If that doesn't work, do the character test under the advanced menu, either male or female and turn yourself into a noob, and rebuild yourself from there.

OMG!  you poor thing.

this is my new av and have tried to make her look right for a long time.

this thread might help - but to me, the solutions sound complicated, and I don't really get them.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Avatar/I-am-a-cloud/qaq-p/1047543

this is what I look like on my screen - but inworld they say that I am a cloud.

did you ask others what they see?

ok - you're an oldbie that came back.

I had this problem with my alts that I had not used for 6 months or longer.  Mickey was fine - but when logging in the alts who had not been used, they ended up like that pic above and it was shocking!  because they were hot.

what worked for them was to go to Advanced and then Character Tests and then use Test Male and you will get a noob appearance - then you can put back on your stuff.

but that pic above is of a new avatar that was supposed to look like a cute blonde - and she has nothing in her inventory to put on.

Thank You Mickey.

And yes, although I can't really see you as you really are in your pic in the forums, you do look hot.

I will give it a shot. Actually, I made of done this the other night as I was pressing buttons left and right trying to get myself back. I really don't recall what I did exactly but it worked back then.

Thanks again, Hottie!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4615 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.