Is a sex bed "illegal" in a Linden home?

AceVentura1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have a Linden home that contains a sex bed. My gf and I were cuddling there today when someone outside the house operated the menu to put us in a sexual position.

I objected and said I would report the person, who responded that it's a violation of the TOS  who have a sex bed in a "Mature" region or in a Linden home. Is that true? I searched the TOS and CS and can't find anything about it.

If it is true, I will of course remove the sex bed, and I'll also cancel my premium membership and surrender the home, since the only reason I got it in the first place was so we would have a place of our own for romance and sex.

If it's not true, is there a way to keep a person from operating a menu from outside the house?

1 answer to this question

No, it is not true.  Your home is not a public place, so TOS does not prevent you from having a sex bed or using it.

Your bed's script may have a provision for making it respond only to commands from the owner.  If I were scripting it, that's what I would do.  If it doesn't, I suggest putting a transparent phantom prim around your bed as a shield.  Anyone trying to activate the script from outside is most likely to click on that shield instead of your bed, and nothing will happen.  (Now again, if I were doing it, I would consider scripting that transparent prim with a surprise -- maybe a 5 second warning and then llTeleportAgentHome.  But that's just me. :smileytongue: )

BTW -- You can AR your visitor for violating your privacy, but you'll need evidence (chat logs maybe).

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.