Sign in to follow this  
AleeshaSnow

Finding Current Info on SL Sex

I'm looking into making a foray into the world of SL sex.  Before I get involved, I have been noticing that there are so many options as far as body parts, HUDs, and many other things.  Some things are stand alone, others need compatible items to work properly.  It is all so confusing.

I decided to search for information online.  Unfortunately, after several hours, was unable to locate anything on the web that wasn't a number of years old and, apparently, no longer pertinent.  I'm not sure I am in the right place to even ask this question.

Can someone point me to a place where I can get up to date and accurate information on all of this? 

Thank You

A~

AleeshaSnow wrote:

Can someone point me to a place where I can get up to date and accurate information on all of this? 

You have come to the right place.  Be specific in your questions and you will be provided with specific answers.  

Are you Male, Female or other?

I do not know much about SLex so I will sit back and learn with you.  

popcorn.gif

I do not know of any one place in SL that has all the information you seek.  There are body bits you can purchase or not.  Toys you can purchase or not.  There is furniture that has built in menus for all types of things from just hanging out, to gentle cuddles, to hot and heavy stuff.  There is a standalone HUD you can purchase (at least one out there) that you can rez anywhere you can rez an object to enjoy with your partner.

Just too much to put into a post.  I suggest that you use the search feature, check out Marketplace and ask friends.  Also, have an idea what it is you want because that will govern what you seek (i.e., the traditional male-female, multiple partners, two females, two males, etc).

Relax and enjoy your shopping experience.

ETA:  I did not intend to focus on the 'mechanics'. Of course, the most important part is having an experience with someone you trust and connects on the level you are most comfortable with.

I can't really point you to any one place that will give you all of the information you want. I CAN offer some of that information from personal experience, so feel free to ask me here, send me a PM, or IM me inworld.

As with anything in SL, it really depends on what you're looking for. There's everything from straight (or not...) rp sex to "hop on a poseball and moan" sex; and everything in between. For the former, you don't even need genital attachments if you don't want them. For the latter, male genitals are practically required, but are often freebies, while female genitals are optional as long as you have a skin that's marginally detailed.

There's a LOT to learn. I had a "mentor" or sorts when I first started this sort of thing, and that helped a lot. (He just pointed me where to go, what was good, what wasn't, etc. Then I had a few females help me out as well, so I found what was right for me.) Again, feel free to message me inworld and I'll help you out as much as I can. I'm Ariel Vuissent there, just like I am here ^_^

Ariel Vuissent wrote:

...He just pointed me where to go, what was good, what wasn't, etc. Then I had a few females help me out as well, so I found what was right for me.) Again, feel free to message me in world and I'll help you out as much as I can. I'm Ariel Vuissent there, just like I am here
^_^

Thanks Ariel, and thanks to all who replied.  I really appreciate it.  Reading all of your responses have helped but I think Ariel hit the nail on the head.  There is just so much that it is hard to ask specific questions.  The "genital Attachment" question was one for instance.  I personally don't need one and sex for me is more cerebral than visual, yet I didn't know if guys would look at me as cheap or less desirable if I didn't have one.  It is things like that.

Its good to know that the older information can be relied upon today.  I will look at it with a different eye.  Guess I need to find my online mentor.

Thank you all

A~

Take a page from Nike, and just do it. Let me suggest a group for you, New Citizens Adult. They have a group skybox with a couple of sex beds that you can use. Ask in group chat if there is anyone that would be willing to help a new girl out. I bet someone will be willing.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote:

umm... dont' worry if you see info that's several years old.   Sex hasn't changed that much in the last four years.

Agree ;) Neither has changed much in RL :) (sorry for the joke).

AleeshaSnow wrote:

Ariel Vuissent wrote:

...He just pointed me where to go, what was good, what wasn't, etc. Then I had a few females help me out as well, so I found what was right for me.) Again, feel free to message me in world and I'll help you out as much as I can. I'm Ariel Vuissent there, just like I am here
^_^

Thanks Ariel,
and thanks to all who replied
.  I really appreciate it.  Reading all of your responses have helped but I think Ariel hit the nail on the head.  There is just so much that it is hard to ask specific questions. 
The "genital Attachment" question was one for instance.  I personally don't need one and sex for me is more cerebral than visual, yet I didn't know if guys would look at me as cheap or less desirable if I didn't have one.  It is things like that.

Its good to know that the older information can be relied upon today.  I will look at it with a different eye.  Guess I need to find my online mentor.

Thank you all

A~

I appreciate your 'cerebral than visual' comment: after all, the brain is the most powerful organ.  And, indeed you can have an encounter entirely in IMs and even from a distance.  SL is a visual environment and sometimes the visual can enhance things, too.  In terms of your specific question about genitalia, I consider an attachment for females entirely optional.  If you have a nice skin and it appears the way you like, that should suffice.

In time, and if you are curious, you can seek these things out and try them.  Take your time!  You are all of four days old!

Bree Giffen wrote:

Hmmm. Didnt Jumpman have a blog or a magazine that was devoted to sexl in SL? Oh well, sounds like a good idea though.

We should direct all newbies with questions about cybersex or virtual pregnancy to Jumpy. He'll show them.  

AleeshaSnow wrote in part:

The "genital Attachment" question was one for instance.  I personally don't need one and sex for me is more cerebral than visual, yet I didn't know if guys would look at me as cheap or less desirable if I didn't have one.  

I don't think they would, simply because there are very few realistic and visually pleasing female genitals. The only realistic looking one that I know of is Winter Ventura's sculpted attachment. I agree with Venus that the skin details are usually enough. Female attachments only trigger OCD attacks because the male and female bits never really align right. 

PS: What makes a huge difference though is a pair of prim nipples, and I'm not just saying that because I happen to sell them :) There are many different products on the market, and they really add a nice touch of realism. The problem is that sculpted nipples don't work so well with physics layers. (Physics layer = bouncing breasts and buttocks. You can find them for free on the Marketplace).   

Prim/Sculpt attachments can carry scripts to add effects to a situation, but I'd agree that they're far less important for a female AV. And the male attachments can be rather implausibly large. Whatever you are looking for, expect somebody to have taken it to weird extremes.

Well we gotta reboot **bleep** mag again lol have to just about every year! but we do help noobs and we do know a little bit about cyber sex hehehe! I'd say don't worry about the equipment at first! Just go out and enjoy being noob-horny. My first sex act in sl was without prim equipment at all. People unnastood! I was a noob! Just concentrate on makin I'd avi as hot as u can afford and over time somebody will show u alla ropes and u'll save monies on dated trash!

Jumpman Lane wrote:

...Just go out and enjoy being noob-horny...

That is probably the most useful, clever, insightful, helpful, and appropriate advice for Aleesha... Jumpy is a genius ;)

With all sorts of sincerity,

Lanas

AleeshaSnow wrote:

Ariel Vuissent wrote:

^_^

Thanks Ariel,
and thanks to all who replied
.  I really appreciate it.  Reading all of your responses have helped but I think Ariel hit the nail on the head.  There is just so much that it is hard to ask specific questions.  The "genital Attachment" question was one for instance.  I personally don't need one and sex for me is more cerebral than visual, yet I didn't know if guys would look at me as cheap or less desirable if I didn't have one.  It is things like that.

Thank you all

A~

AleeshaSnow wrote:

I'm looking into making a foray into the world of SL sex.  Before I get involved, I have been noticing that there are so many options as far as body parts, HUDs, and many other things.  Some things are stand alone, others need compatible items to work properly.  It is all so confusing.

I decided to search for information online.  Unfortunately, after several hours, was unable to locate anything on the web that wasn't a number of years old and, apparently, no longer pertinent.  I'm not sure I am in the right place to even ask this question.

Thank You

A~

Excellent questions.  I hope you think of more specific questions and get more and varied answers.  I will be interested to see them myself.  

My sexual experience in Second Life leads me to believe that a nice skin and shape is all you really need.  Maybe a couple of non-n00b outfits, which are easy enough to get for free if you join designer merchant groups or follow tips from SL fashion blogs.

I'm a female both in SL and RL.  I was led to purchase prim genitalia my first week in SL.  I bought it, fussed about with it, abandoned it and never looked back.  No one has mentioned it since.  I don't miss it and neither do my sexual partners.  I think it is largely unnecessary.  People who purchase them and enjoy them can give you another point of view, but I guarantee you it is a "nice to have" luxury, if anything, and not a "need to have" necessity.

Beyond that I think it depends on your specific fetish or favorite flavor.  I'm loathe to go into further details here because I am keenly aware that the Second Life forums are PG and strictly moderated.  I would highly recommend that if you want an open discussion about sex in Second Life where you can get full and varied answers, that you take your question to one or more of the third-party SL-theme forums like SLUniverse (SLU), Second Citizen (SC MKII) or gotVirtual (gV).  There is a link to some of the third-party forums on the Second Life Wiki (http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Discussion_forums#Third-party_forums).  Again, I highly recommend you check out an independent forum for a frank discussion of adult topics like sex in Second Life.

Lastly, I will tell you it is IMPOSSIBLE not to have sex as a female in Second Life, hell, even the guys can get laid.  I really don't know of anyone who can't get cyberlaid somehow someway in Second Life.  Sex is easily obtained.  The question is... what kind.  And that depends on more than prim genitalia.

Anyway...  good luck to you and I hope you have lots and lots of naughty fun.  ;)

LeeHere Absent wrote:

Beyond that I think it depends on your specific fetish or favorite flavor.  I'm loathe to go into further details here because I am keenly aware that the Second Life forums are PG and strictly moderated
.  I would highly recommend that if you want an open discussion about sex in Second Life where you can get full and varied answers, that you take your question to one or more of the third-party SL-theme forums like SLUniverse (SLU), Second Citizen (SC MKII) or gotVirtual (gV).  There is a link to some of the third-party forums on the Second Life Wiki (
).  
Again, I highly recommend you check out an independent forum for a frank discussion of adult topics like sex in Second Life.

Isn't it just sad that SL'ers are 'forced' elsewhere to discuss SLex in SL.  Sometimes they leave and NEVER come back!

LeeHere Absent wrote:

Lastly, I will tell you
it is IMPOSSIBLE not to have sex as a female in Second Life, hell, even the guys can get laid
.  I really don't know of anyone who can't get cyberlaid somehow someway in Second Life.  
Sex is easily obtained.  The question is... what kind.  And that depends on more than prim genitalia.

And it can be lucrative with the *right* genitalia.  We all remember the old nursery rhyme: Jack and Jill went up the hill to fetch a pail of water; both had 150L in their pocket. 

Jill came down with 300L in hers.  

I don't see the problem -- lots of ppl post in multiple forums anyway.

Overall, this one has by far the most interesting topics. And it is growing. Anyone who wants an interesting variety of topics, and intelligent, civilized discussion will figure it out.