What are some good date locations?

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4590 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have a friend recently in touch with an old high school boyfriend and they are corresponding. She asked if I had any suggestions and I said, well you could meet in Second Life and hang out.

But since I rarely leave my sim I have no idea where they could go that would be fun but not romantic.  Any suggestions?

Pamela Galli wrote:

I have a friend recently in touch with an old high school boyfriend and they are corresponding. She asked if I had any suggestions and I said, well you could meet in Second Life and hang out.

But since I rarely leave my sim I have no idea where they could go
that would be fun but not romantic.
  Any suggestions?

Dodgem's Bumper Cars.  

bumper.jpeg

You can have a really nice meal at the ballroom of the SS Galaxy. Its a cruise liner, where you can rent a room, or go to a Spa. I took a partner on a date there for a cool meal, lots of fun choosing food and exploring. At the other end of the boat is a wedding garden where you can sit and have romantic chats. You need to join their group to use the poseballs and items there, may be a little wait to get into the group, but everyone there was friendly from my experience.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Galaxy%20AFT/128/128/2

If they like geography, they may enjoy visiting the four sims that comprise David Rumsey Maps. Rumsey Maps has been in SL since 2004.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Rumsey%20Maps%203/129/67/55

Another place worthy of some exploration are the Calas Galadhon Park Sims.  This is a huge park of 10 adjacent sims.  There is a balloon ride one can take, too, and many private areas for quiet chats.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Calas%20Galadhon/140/233/22

Pamela Galli wrote:

But since I rarely leave my sim I have no idea where they could go that would be fun but not romantic.  Any suggestions?

I honestly don't know if it is a good 'first date' location or not. 

But, they are more than welcome at my beach (as is anyone. Be nice to others and behave as if PG are the basic rules there.)

It has carnival rides, food and drink vendors, On A Roll game table, and romantic dances above ground AND under water. There is swimming and a mermaid world, underwater. There is even a stage if they want to roleplay being rock stars.  :)   (Some day I do plan to have at least one event there!)

There is a conversation pit with a campfire in the middle of it. There are beach chairs and I think the view is nice. Oh and lots of meeroos to pet LOL.  :/  

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Binneed/33/159/36

Ishtara Rothschild wrote:

The most romantic place that I've found in SL is
. Here are some impressions (not my own photos, I forgot to take any while I was there):

tempura1.jpg

tempura2.jpg

tempura3.jpg

tempura4.jpg

ETA: The castle and ballroom is an awesome build. The floor is semi-transparent and the rooms are mirrored underneath, which creates the illusion of a reflection.

tempura5.jpg

Lmao. I agree here.

That is exactly the place where I took a screenshot for my blog logo. I just found this forest there pretty awesome :D

here you can find the screenshot on the logo: http://miyodarcy.wordpress.com/

But back to the topic...

I did meditade on Tempura Island for hours some day and I met very friendly and nice peoples there. You remind me that I should go there again to hang out.

You might point them to Calas Galadhon.  It is a ten sim public park with lots of couples amenities (no nudity allowed), such as horseback riding, boating, ballooning with cuddle, lasts almost an hour, swimming.  Lots of couples like to dance at the sims.  9 of the sims have intans and lots of places to dance with no crowding.  You can even have dinner in one of the houses on a dining room table from La Galleria, excellent items from an excellent creator.  There are also live music events on the sims at three beautiful venues.  Have them check out the tp boards at the entrance to each sim.  The sims range from turn of the century to farms to mountain forests to mediterranean Islands, even wetlands and an underwater area that is very large for scuba and merfolk.  There are no rentals and no shopping on the sims, all is open to the public.  Have them say hi if they come by and the owners are on line.  sorry if this sounds like an ad, but I think these are the most romantic and enjoyable sims for anyone who wants to experience simple life in SL.

Sorry for the double mention...did not notice Venus' mention of the sims.  Thanks Venus

• 2 weeks later...

I am sorry.. I have to second Magicland park... if you read my blog, you will see it was romantic for me... but I also enjoyed WEDCOT.. (like EPCOT)... you can see fireworks.. and walk around and go on rides together.

If you are a couple, you can both chip in $500L and get a Frank's Elite membership....

But there is a great (but way more laggy) free version - Frank's Jazz ... it is a great date place or to meet someone. 

WEDCOT - Blog entry

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4590 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.