All Posts confuses me

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I freely admit I am easily confused but there may be others like me. On the All Posts page there is a column for Author and one for most recent post.  The Author name is not always the name of the originator of the thread, nor is it the same as the author of the recent post. 

So what is the Author the author of?

Pamela Galli wrote:

Really I still don't get it.

Why isn't the format like the rest of the forum?

It sort of is. In Answers it appears different because there is only one reply button & its on the OP, so in general they all say the OP is the author (unless people have found the permalinks). All the other forums work the same as each other.

Pamela Galli wrote:

Here is a screenshot -- the top and bottom posts by me are the same post but there is a different author:

Screen shot 2011-09-06 at 12.53.08 AM.png

The top & bottom ones relate to posts #40 & #39

The bottom one = #39 was written/authored by LeeHere & quoted Dres (25 mins ago) - See on the left. Then if you look on the right it says there was a recent reply to it  (the 1 in the reply column) by Pamela, 4 mins ago.

The top one = #40 is that reply, it  was written/authored by Pamela & Quoted LeeHere's post (#39) 4 minutes ago (see on the left) & is also the most recent post on the board 4 mins ago (see on the right).

I don`t think that the info is wrong or confusing, there is just way too much of it, but that is because the category is "All Posts". What we really need is a category of "Most recent posts" that ONLY shows the most recent post for each topic & not full updated statistics for every post.

Peewee Musytari wrote:

The top & bottom ones relate to posts #40 & #39

The bottom one = #39 was written/authored by LeeHere & quoted Dres (25 mins ago) - See on the left. Then if you look on the right it says there was a recent reply to it  (the 1 in the reply column) by Pamela, 4 mins ago.

The top one = #40 is that reply, it  was written/authored by Pamela & Quoted LeeHere's post (#39) 4 minutes ago (see on the left) & is also the most recent post on the board 4 mins ago (see on the right).

I don`t think that the info is wrong or confusing, there is just way too much of it, but that is because the category is "All Posts". What we really need is a category of "Most recent posts" that ONLY shows the most recent post for each topic & not full updated statistics for every post.

Not confusing?  I can't even follow what you said... lol.  I'm sure it makes sense, could be because I'm not really awake yet.  I just ignore all of that for the most part anyway.

It does perturb me to know that I've had replies to my thread of which I never received notification by email... my guess is that when you have a thread pulled and reinstated you have to subscribe to it again.  Learn something new every day, I suppose.

...Dres

hehe I guess "not confusing" was a bad choice of words lol Blushing.gif

What I meant was that if you analyse it then it is possible to see what that page of info is telling you, but I also think that for the purpose of using the forums, all the detail included there is excessive & unnecessary & all that clutter does make it confusing.

I prefer the topics pages to the posts pages, for that very reason, too many duplicate entries for the same topic/thread.

I would love to see a page that worked like this one http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Forums-Feedback/bd-p/forums_feedback that covered  the forums in each section on one page. If it wasn`t for all the advertising in the land forum I would like to see one that covered ALL forums on one page.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.