problem opening box

Rosalee Summerwind

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have bulk boxes in my inventory that has almost everything I bought for land I rented with my partner, the Items were returned to me in bulk and now no place will allow me to open them because they have lots of prims and I have to be the owner of the land to open them....How can I get to my items that I spent over $30,000L on so that I can use them again...

most sandboxes wont let me open them, because they have plants that I created from our previous land ,now ...unless I am a land owner, I cant open the boxes....HELP

4 answers to this question

I believe you are referring to a coalesced object.  Icon looks like a stacks of boxes.  If that's the case, it's not actually a box, so I wouldn't try wearing it.  Even if you could, the objects are not contain in the contents.  You need to find a sandbox that also allows you to rez Linden plants.  This is a group setting so it is possible for you to rez the boxes without being the land owner.  But you need to find a sandbox that has a group that allows rezzing Linden plants.  I saw a thread once that talked about a couple of these including one that Torley Linden had.  I will see if I can find the thread.  Or perhaps someone (PeeWee :) ) will come by soon with the answer.

ETA:  YEA!  Rolig to the rescue! :smileyvery-happy:

--Cinn

Great answers from the others and you'll find comments from Torley on coalesced objects in this thread along with details of his sim Here. http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Building/coalesced-objects-with-Linden-tress-help/td-p/448020

Object return is actually set to 30 minutes now on Here, not 10 as indicated in that thread so plenty of time to rez your objects and take them back. The sim is flat and totally devoid of prims at the moment but you have his permission to flatten it before rezzing if someone else has been playing with terraforming. Make sure to position yourself so no items try to rez over the sim edge as no-copy ones will disappear for ever. I know that to my cost.

One caveat though. If your coalesced object contains over 1000 scripts or too many prims to rez before rezzing times out at 15 seconds, it will return to your inventory and you will need Linden support to break it up and such support is available to Premium members only.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Why_are_there_prim_limits_on_coalesced_objects%3F

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.