Why do object rezz up in the air?

Jellix Sugarbeet

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Recently, when I pull objects from my inventory (furniture, etc), the item rez up in the air above my avatar. Also, the item  larger looks than it actually is until I pull it to the ground. Then, when I look at the item with the camera it rotates around my avatar. I may have reset something unknowingly. Help anyone. Thanks!!

3 answers to this question

It sounds like you tried to rez something by dragging it to the ground and you accidental dragged it on to your avatar and you are wearing it. To know if you did this for sure right click it and if you see the "Drop" option is in the menu if it is then you are wearing it, just click Drop and the item will go on the ground where you wanted it to go in the first place. Many people do right click and detach it and rez it again but they could just right click and drop.

Cut prims can cause that to happen.

For example if you create a prim on the ground that is 4m tall & you cut away the bottom half of it, whenever you rez that prim on the ground it will be floating 2m above the floor or at least it will appear to be. In fact it is technically standing on the ground, you just can`t see the bottom half of it.

Happens sometimes if you rez stuff inside a house. Your client searches a point in front of the camera, where you point you house.  if there is anther Prim in the way, even it its only the invisible part of a sculpy. I had this witrh a costomer who always panned out the camera to a window to rez, and managed to "rez" the Item on the window directly behind the camera, as the camera was inside the sculpy of he window.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.