Weird glitch using depth of field, anyone fix this?

Robustus Hax

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3400 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When using depth of field I get an odd line that goes through the screen.  Basically the unfocused part of depth of field will cut acros the focused part like a line going into the direct center of the screen.  So for example if I am focused on an avatar in the center of the screen I see a line of small triangles that radiates to the center, but you cannot see it in the unfocused part.  If i focused in on the background and left the avatar unfocused this glitch line will show up on the focused part.  I'll try to get a snapshot of this issue if no one else has had it or managed to fix it.  I have a good graphics card AMD 5650 have upgraded drivers really to no avail.  This happens on DOF in both the official SL viewer and Kirstens.  Have not tried DOF in any other viewer but I assume it is universal.  Any help would be appreciated.

All viewer seems to have this issue, that have the DOF code.

As far as I know it is a code created by Linden Labs, and is therefore up to them to fix. I have a 5850 card, and replicating the same issue except when my Second Life window is re-sized, but reduces the resolution and overall quality when taking photographs and videos. 

Kirstens Viewer, Second Life V3 & Firestorm 3.0 seems to be having all the same issue so i'm guessing it's universal as you said.

FIX IT LL! *begs*

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3400 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.