Open mouth

Lucius Obviate

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4602 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

All of the facial gestures in SL are built in, so you would make a script that calls the mouth open gesture (whichever one that is, i think a few of them do it)  and you would probably need to have the animation triggered repeatedly on a loop so that the mouth wont close.  I beleive the animation is express_open_mouth 

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Internal_Animations

Try something like this:

list gAnimations = ["express_open_mouth","express_repulsed_emote" ];restartAnimations(){    integer max = llGetListLength(gAnimations) ;    string ani ;  while (max--)    {        ani = llList2String(gAnimations, max) ;        llStopAnimation(ani) ;        llStartAnimation(ani) ;    }}default{	attach(key attached)	{		if(attached){			llRequestPermissions(attached,[PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION);		}		else{			llSetTimerEvent(0.0);		}	}	run_time_permissions(integer permissions)	{		if(permissions & PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION){			restartAnimations();			llSetTimerEvent(1.0);		}	}	timer()	{		restartAnimations();	}}

You can use as many of the facial expressions animations listed in http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Internal_Animations as you like to build up gAnimations.  

Just remember to put each one in "double quotes", separated by commas, and no comma after the last one.

• 2 weeks later...

This is very handy and I have used it - on an attachment - I would love to find a way to make the script work when using a pose ball. I'm afraid I have zero scripting skills. Any help would be appreciated in this, tia.

Does anyone here know what wd need to be done to make this facial expression be possible when used with a poseball script?  I use the standard Nyteve (?) poseball script. Thank you much.

And anyone using the MLP system can make use of this:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/MLPV2_Reference_Manual#Animations_.28Facial.29

Try something like this, Amaranthim (and yes, you may take it to any grid you like :matte-motes-grin:

string my_anim;string hovertext =""; //if you want any hovertext, put it here, inside the double quoteslist gAnimations = ["express_open_mouth","express_repulsed_emote" ];restartAnimations(){    integer max = llGetListLength(gAnimations) ;    string ani ;    while (max--)    {        ani = llList2String(gAnimations, max) ;        llStopAnimation(ani) ;        llStartAnimation(ani) ;    }}default{    state_entry()    {        llSitTarget(<0.0,0.0,0.25>,ZERO_ROTATION); //change if necessary        llSetText(hovertext,<1.0,1.0,1.0>,1.0);        llSetAlpha(1.0,ALL_SIDES);        my_anim = llGetInventoryName(INVENTORY_ANIMATION,0);//use whatever animation is in my inventory        if(llGetInventoryType(my_anim)!=INVENTORY_ANIMATION){//sanity check            my_anim = "sit";        }    }    changed(integer change)    {        if(change & CHANGED_LINK){            key av = llAvatarOnSitTarget();            if(av){//someone's sat on me                llRequestPermissions(av,PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION);            }            else{                llSetTimerEvent(0.0);                llSetText(hovertext,<1.0,1.0,1.0>,1.0);                llSetAlpha(1.0,ALL_SIDES);                if(llGetPermissions()&PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION){                    av = llGetPermissionsKey();                    if (llGetAgentSize(av)!=ZERO_VECTOR){//still on the sim                        list l = llGetAnimationList(av);                        integer max = llGetListLength(l);                        while(max--){                            llStopAnimation(llList2Key(l,max));                        }                    }                }            }        }        if (change & CHANGED_INVENTORY){            llResetScript();        }    }    run_time_permissions(integer permissions)    {        if(permissions & PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION){            llSetAlpha(0.0,ALL_SIDES);            llSetText("",<1.0,1.0,1.0>,0.0);            llStopAnimation("sit");            llStartAnimation(my_anim);            restartAnimations();            llSetTimerEvent(1.0);        }    }    timer()    {        restartAnimations();    }}

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4602 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.