Payment stopped: the price paid does not match any of the pay buttons set for this object

Ishtara Rothschild

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4051 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Like the title says... looks like LL broke something again. I have a vendor type item with a sales script inside the root prim. The script sets a payment button with the correct price. But I keep getting this message (which Phoenix can't even display, to add insult to injury): 

"Payment stopped: the price paid does not match any of the pay buttons set for this object".

What can I do to fix this?

ETA: I found the JIRA: https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7170

It's supposed to be resolved / expected behavior. It isn't. I want this fixed ASAP. How do I, king customer, change the status of this JIRA thingy to make it more urgent and be able to vote on this? 

PS: Is there something like llSetLinkPayPrice, or is it possible to have a script in a child prim read a notecard in the root prim? 

Recently discussed in http://community.secondlife.com/t5/LSL-Scripting/llSetPayPrice-Required-in-Child-Prims/m-p/1036155/message-uid/1036155#U1036155 (but not much actual information)

A prim can't read a notecard that's in the contents of another prim, but it can ask the script in that prim to give it a copy :-)  Alternatively - since you have scripts in both prims and they have to communicate anyway you could just have the root-script tell them child-script what the price(s) are.

• Like 1

if they pay a child prim and that prim doesn't have identical pay price instructions, then you get that... and if the prim ever set a pay price it's stuck in there....

the only way around this is to never set pay price in a child prim, or always set it to match the root. setting pay price default for all field in the child *may* reset it so that the root takes control...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I'm having the exact same issues with club tip jars that I sell. This error,     (Payment stopped:  the price paid does not match any of the pay buttons set for this object) only happens in jars that post images. I've been banging my head against the wall with no resolution. Any help here would be greatly appriciated... I've got doznes of un-happy customers with jars that keep shutting down for no reason.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4051 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.