Are we still useing 2.49 blender to rig mesh?

linkin Slate

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You can use Blender 2.59 to export rigged mesh now. I just posted a thread on how to use a new "bone weight copy" script with the latest Blender as well. So, you are good to go unless you want to offset joints, which only comes into play if you are building specialty avatars like tinies or animals.

New bone weight copy script: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Mesh/Bone-Weight-Copy-in-Blender-2-5x/td-p/1071299

I'm recently picking Blender back up after a stint away so I went straight for 2.59. So glad the bone weight script is updated now.

I'm still looking for the 2.49ish version (updated obviously) Reduce Polygons script for 2.5 (not decimate) that keeps UV's intact.  Does that exist? Or are there some other ways people are helping the LOD process along (additionally to the manual process of course)

If you are trying to upload something with just skin weights, you can use Blender 2.59 fine. However, there is only a rotation issue if you are trying to use joint offsets. If you need to use joint offsets for making specialty avatars like tinies or animals, you'll still need to use Blender 2.49.  (Note: I haven't tested this in a week, so it is still true unless something changed with the importer in that time.)

• 1 month later...

Wonder if anyone can help me.... I think I'm missing something simple.

I have blender 2.59, made a mesh {simple character} in maya/zbrush.

Installed the bone wieghts copy add on, which appeared nicely on my tool shelf.

opened the sl avatar blender file to remove all but skeleton.

Positioned my mesh avi shape over the bones, but how do i attatch the two... been frustrated for days??

the thing is, the bone copy options dissapear from my shelf when i open the file with my avi and skeleton waiting to be combined.... HELP PLEASE I@M LOSING IT!!

smiles

bildreth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4564 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.