10,000[10k]L$=$25.99 w w w . e v e g e k . c o m

xcvzvvweve

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4611 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Penny Patton wrote:

A part of the problem is the way LL encourages people to push the largest extreme in avatar sizes with the basic avatar mesh. It's rare to see a guy in SL under 7' tall. Most are somewhere between 7' and 9' tall. To put that in perspective, the Na'vi from Avatar were 9'-10' tall.

Chinese sculptors next to a pair of 9 and 10' tall Na'vi sculptures. It's not uncommon to see SL avatars about as tall as the 9' sculpture on the left.

This skewed sense of scale in SL effectively shrinks "giant size" avatars for exceedingly clunky hacks to create the appearance of being "giant".

Of course, you are right! In reality, I could do a few things to get gaints. I can change all ofthe suroundings, land and textures to all make details and scale work right with the top settings. Then, make all other participants smaller via tiny stuff or lower scale settings for height. Adjusting cameras to work with this is easy enough, so it all sort of works a bit.

But the collision boxes.:( You see what I mean? Plus, why can't I like...just stride up and around people and not crush them and be 20 ft. tall!! Yeah, that would be cool. But, of course....this is all sort of a funny thought in a thread that is half serious.

But, you do have a point again, we have this very human height centric looking slider set that didn't have a real world equivelent numbers BUT seemed to be extremely human only with only humans available at the begining! So, yeah, you have a point again! With mesh avatar uploads though...making the collision box bigger makes some stuff way more fun. But, I can understand they don't want one person stepping on like 10 people.

The funny thing is, the speed at which people walk! lol. These avatars walk quickly, so maybe that even ads to the illusion of them needing to be bigger and have longer legs? lol.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4611 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.