Do we need a Blender forum?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

"Machinimatrix-forum ? Realy ?"

Well yeah! Not here on these forums, but connected to your site.

Forgive me if I am underestimating the scope of driving a forum. But, I think it be great to have a place to ask questions about your tutorials or pose subjects for more tutes. I'd certainly read and contribute.

PS@ Void. Not yet, but I'm hoping! Worst case, we bribe Bloggy Linden to make us a "Dear Gaia" section here. =P

Void Singer wrote:

I wasn't aware it was meant to be read as gendered? I read matrix: system of interconnected values, and not -matrix: female practitioner.

PS

I wasn't aware -or was specifically gendered either...

PPS

english really is a fun but crazy language

I've never seen the term machinimatrix before, only machinima. Which is a contraction of machine + cinema, imho, so I don't think that machinimatrix is correct or commonly used.

I jokingly assumed that it might be the Latin ix/or gender denominator that is used in Dominatrix / Dominator (which means ruler / rulerin or lord / lady, whereas Domina / Domus means Mistress and Master). Also in Gladiatrix / Gladiator (yes, there were female ones too. More or less the Ancient Roman version of mud wrestling, only with sharp-edged weapons. Mud wrestling to the death, so to speak. Talk about gender equality). 

so I did misunderstand the point of the original post on that (a subforum aimed at the tutorials offered by a single existing website)

@Istara:
I understood the derivation, I was just thinking that in modern context the latter wasn't generally considered gendered (or at least not to my thinking)... obviously the example you gave runs contrary to that... /end sidebar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3303 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.