For those using Wiz Daxter importer in 3ds Max

Rouge Darcy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4588 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everybody.

I'm using Wiz Daxter importer in 3ds Max and, until today I haven't had any problem importing the skin data to my models.

The thing is: until today, I had only made pieces of clothing that didn't extend from upper to lower body (t-shirts, trousers and so on), but then I've decided to make a dress and can't find a way to import the skin data from both upper and lower body into my dress.

I've found an article that suggested to extract the skin data from the two different meshes, then attach them and import the (in theory) combined skin data in the final model (my dress), but the attached meshes with skin data seem to retain only the skin data of one of the two meshes (upper or lower depending on the order in which I attach them).

Any solution?

Thank you very much in advance :)

I don't think there's ever going to be an automatic way to do it, though the resuluts would likely be better without haviing to wrap to multiple split objects. That at least will give you a good starting point, but it's probably always going to be necessary to go through my hand and tweak the weights on each vert by hand.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4588 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.