Jump to content
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1262 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

I am going to be buying Lindens with a paysafecard. But I need to know, which resellers do you think are trustworthy. I would use Second Lifes original Linden Seller, but all I would have is prepaid credit cards, and I have heard those don't work.

So, which places are good places to buy from?

Link to post
Share on other sites

It I want to sell/buy my lindens very fast.. then I use EldexExchange. I use it from time to time. They are trustfull. I had only one problem in these two years and then I noticed the Support is very great (They just wrote me back 1 minute later).

I would suggest them when not using LLs L$ Services..

Link to post
Share on other sites


Chelsea Malibu wrote:

There is a list of Authorized exchanges at :


 

I understand what you mean to imply, but the word "authorized" in conjunction with third-party Linden exchanges always makes me cringe.  LL makes quite a disclaimer about dealing with third-party exchanges, and while they are using the Risk API (making them relatively safe), they are not really authorized to exchange Lindens.  Anyone can exchange them whether they use the Risk API or not.  It is just that the Risk API adds a layer of protection.  I know you understand this, I just wanted to clarify for those who might mistake your statement to mean they are "official" as far as LL is concerned. 

Link to post
Share on other sites


Kenbro Utu wrote:


Chelsea Malibu wrote:

There is a list of Authorized exchanges at :


 

I understand what you mean to imply, but the word "authorized" in conjunction with third-party Linden exchanges always makes me cringe.  LL makes quite a disclaimer about dealing with third-party exchanges, and while they are using the Risk API (making them relatively safe), they are not really authorized to exchange Lindens.  Anyone can exchange them whether they use the Risk API or not.  It is just that the Risk API adds a layer of protection.  I know you understand this, I just wanted to clarify for those who might mistake your statement to mean they are "official" as far as LL is concerned. 

 

I dont understand your problem authorized means authorized and doesn´t mean they are official. It just means that LL has a list of which service they think are ok and which are dubios. In fact authorized means here they are authorized to echange L$ and nothing else.

Example.. Viewers..

Emeralld Viewer was a long time authorized while they later wasnt authorized anymore.

Dont make a sience out of the word "authorized" :D

I bet no one would mistake her statement. She posted a list of completely authorized L$ exchange services who are defenetly have the right to sell L$.

Or did I mistake your statement anyhow? :D

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

au·thor·ize

<script type="text/javascript"></script>

tr.v. au·thor·ized, au·thor·iz·ing, au·thor·iz·es

1. To grant authority or power to.
2. To give permission for; sanction: the city agency that authorizes construction projects.
 
Using "authorized" implies that Linden Lab gave the authority or power for these exchanges to operate.  This is not true. Anyone can set up an exchange site without permission from LL, and LL never grants any type of authority for such a site..  The only difference these particular sites have is they are using, on a voluntary basis, the Risk API provided freely by LL that adds a layer of protection.  But again, these sites operate under no authority from LL.  I think it is important to understand this distinction.  Yes it is semantics, and maybe I am the only one who sees it this way, so there, I made myself feel better.  :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:
 
Edit:  Sorry, I cannot help but make science out of words, it is my profession. 
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 6 years later...
17 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

that one also 2011 ?

The post was removed, as well as the complete other thread that the person started. My guess is because both posts actually gave a link to a third party site that claimed to sell L$.  The pages are all still in my browser history, but no longer accessible.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The post was removed, as well as the complete other thread that the person started. My guess is because both posts actually gave a link to a third party site that claimed to sell L$.  The pages are all still in my browser history, but no longer accessible.

in that case my response was not relevant, lets start this year right and offer you my excuses o.O

(trying to be a bit nicer this year, but lets start with trying today :)  )

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Alwin Alcott said:

in that case my response was not relevant, lets start this year right and offer you my excuses o.O

(trying to be a bit nicer this year, but lets start with trying today :)  )

You are nice, Alwin — it is nice to uphold standards that prevent the forum from descending into barbarity and chaos. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1262 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...