Can't get viewer 3.0 to work (mac)

Chantelle Ashdene

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4337 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

i apologise if this issue has been raised/answered before, but I just had to ask!

I am using Mac OS X (not lion, as far as I know - i'm not at all computer savvy- lol! I haven't done any software updates :matte-motes-bashful-cute:) and whenever I try to open 3.0 or 3.02/3.0.2 (I forgot how exactly it's called) there is just white. Nothing else appears. When I move the mouse around the cursor changes, and by pressing enter randomly it updated so I believe that everything is actually there, but I just cannot see it.

It worked once and that was it! All the other official viewers work for me, just not this one, and I really, really want to try mesh! haha.

If anyone knows what's going on, well, thank you :D 

-if it helps, the version is Mac OS X 10.6.6- 

I too am on MAC  - I have 3 macs - anything after Version 2.7 runs only at 5 fps.   2.7 runs fine.   2.8 - 3.0   wont run  on any of my macs.    2 MACs are os 10.6  one is 10.5.8  and can not be upgraded (4 year old IMAC)  I advise getting an holding onto a copy of 2.7 but can't find it anywhere.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

ZARA

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wow, I completely forgot that I made this as I abandoned viewer 3. I probably shouldn't bump this but I don't want to make a new topic over it.

I've done all my system updates, downloaded the latest viewer 3 and it still doesn't work. I think that it opens and instantly doesn't respond. I have to force it to quit. 

I've made some mesh items that I want to test on the beta grid, and the option to upload on that grid on Firestorm isn't available, just the main grid, so i figure viewer 3 is the only one. 

• 7 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4337 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.