Rude Welcome

Staralien

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Eloise Baily wrote:

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

For a "NEW Resident" they seem to be well informed on how to use the forums and not name names...

Newbie?

Politics

The whole grid would be a much nicer place without some of those "politics" Dilbert.

It's supposed to be relaxing right?

Amen, sister! (Who ever could have guessed that being/not being a new member of an on-line Internet game fell into the category of politics!)

• 4 weeks later...

WOW! I have not visited this thread in awhile and am surprised and gratified by the response. A lot of good advice and answers here! Well I am no longer so new now! In retrospect, I probably did not "look" so new at the time because I had already received some very good help from a few people that remain my friends to this day. I already had an AO, better clothes, hair, etc. I already knew about IM, but was still not paying as close attention when I got them. I have gotten better at that. Because I am a long time player of the Sims games, that helped a great deal in learning how to get around in SL. Someone said something about new people knowing how to use the forums. Well that is not so odd when you consider that there are tons of forums on the Internet, and if one belongs to any of them, then forums at a new site for them are pretty easy to figure out. 

I pretty much jump in feet first when I become interested in something and learn pretty quickly. I also utilize every resource available and visiting these forums has helped my knowledge of SL so much! The folks posting here ROCK! I have found the forums more helpful than anything in learning about SL, how things work, buying land, etc. The tutorials on the site as well as in world have been very helpful as well. I have met some pretty awesome people in my journey and I have also come across not so nice people. I have a better understanding of what land owners have to deal with at times as I have seen some pretty awful behavior. I don't understand it, but then I don't understand bad behavior in RL either! People will behave as they wish in RL or SL and you just learn to try and avoid the bad ones. I had one guy who kept pushing me at a sandbox and would not leave me alone. Now THAT was rude! Oh well. You move on.

Anyway, I thank everyone for their advice and help and even all the other posters on the forum that helped me and didn't know it...just by me reading their posts. I hope I have many opportunities as time goes on to give back the help so generously given to me. I think the best help is to direct new people to these forums to take advantage of the advice and knowledge offered here, as well as the wonderful support. As for the reason for my original post, I have moved on. I have not gone back there, as I do not wish to engage in any sort of drama, for whatever the reason. As for naming her or her place, I don't feel that is fair to others that may have a better experience than I. She may indeed have had a bad day and I choose to give her the benefit of doubt and wish her well.

Staralien wrote:

The folks posting here ROCK! I have found the forums more helpful than anything in learning about SL, how things work, buying land, etc. The tutorials on the site as well as in world have been very helpful as well. I have met some pretty awesome people in my journey and I have also come across not so nice people.

Thought I'd highlight that particular portion of your comment Staralien.   But, it's great to see the perspective of someone who has had a positive experience!   : )

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.