so the F word isn't allowed here ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A place for everything and everything in its place? Sam Clemens was famous for his use of colorful language in private and even more famous for conveying pretty much the same ideas in public with a completely different vocabulary. I haven't yet had the pleasure of chatting with him, but would be suprised to find he's a trillion times cooler in person than on the page.

;-)

ya'll assume too much about my comment.  It's the overall moderation that makes this place more uncool than it used to be, not just that one can't utter the F word. 

I'm not sure if somebody was saying that it's illegal to post it on a forum but that's crazy. 

No I didn't repost it.  Maybe I will when I feel like it but then I felt like commenting on the over-the-top moderation, of which I've experienced numerous times here.

There are lots of "lightly" moderated forums around, if you prefer less moderation. I personally find that the signal to noise ratio is vastly better when there is effective moderation, but people's forum tastes differ.

Anyone who wants more interesting discussion should feel free to post interesting thread topics.

Personally I find it refreshing to find a place where one is not bombarded by four letter explatives (And thier colourful varients) I was raised with the belief that if ones ideas can only be expressed using foul language, they are not worth speaking, or listening to.

The Oxford English Dictionary contains full entries for 171,476 words in current use, and 47,156 obsolete words. I think if you eschew the use of the F-word, you can find many more suitable replacements.

Angel.

I am quite happy to not have a swear-fest here.

I'm also quite happy not to make it a spelling bee either.

What I like (slightly less than a trillion times) about the forums now, is that the kind of petty rubbish that used to exist, doesn't now.

It simply won't survive anymore, and I think that in this case, LL really did pay attention and now the majority rules.

As has been stated already, there are many forums out there that allow that stuff. This one doesn't. You have choices. Complain when you don't. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4620 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.