My items are being removed...

Yuriko Dagger

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I've had a few of my items on the marketplace removed, and I know well and understand the reasoning behind it. The items in question were gestures for various songs, and they were removed because I don't have the rights to sell them. I really have no problem with the reasoning, and the fact that they were removed. What does bother me, is that other merchants have similar items, most selling for more than I did, and not a thing has happened to them. I would like to know if anyone understands why my items only seemed to be singled out. I don't know where else to go with this, and figured this was the best place.

In one thread you get people complaining that you shouldn't be snitching out folks who do wrong. That's its just so uncool in high school to snitch.

In another thread you get people complaining that LLs don't do nuthing bout nuthing - except bust them.

Its kinda like, you know... everybody gets to deal drugs at the corner - cept the guy who everybody else called the cops on. The cops don't just show up on their own.

Don't want to be alone in that jail cell - rat em out.

The neighborhood don't clean itself. The people in it gotta pick up a broom with one hand and call the cops with the other.

Want a cleaner SL, file an AR.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

In one thread you get people complaining that you shouldn't be snitching out folks who do wrong. That's its just so uncool in high school to snitch.

In another thread you get people complaining that LLs don't do nuthing bout nuthing - except bust them.

Its kinda like, you know... everybody gets to deal drugs at the corner - cept the guy who everybody else called the cops on. The cops don't just show up on their own.

Don't want to be alone in that jail cell - rat em out.

The neighborhood don't clean itself. The people in it gotta pick up a broom with one hand and call the cops with the other.

Want a cleaner SL, file an AR. 

Exactly right on Pussycat. As my uncle used to say "Take responsibility .. or shut the heck up!" (Although as I recall, his exact words were a bit more .. ahem .. colorful. *grin*)

I have been reading about intellectual property and studied the history a bit. JOkes follow, yes, I added this because people might take the first few lines seriously lol. NO, just no..I read on if you want to see the direction my thoughts are going.

It could be nazi's....yes, nazi's. Why? They are upset about the theft of property from WWII allies invasion...so this is retrobution.  They go around flagging peoples stuff to make them take things down, but notALL things. THEN, you lose faith in the system and slowely they rise in power as people turn to them in a large numbers as a source to keep the peace, to right past wrongs and make things even to support proper patent laws. You grandpas who are world war II heros...nope, they are copybotters!!! YES, your grandpa aids copybotters or Nazi Germanies patents.

Not to mention the thefts by early American collonists from france....some of those vines with cheap wine you see in trader whatevers store...yeah, california winecountry? Stolen intellectual property from protected vines!! Yes, bees...some of those might even be stolen, because bee breads are protected and so on by the same premise and basis of intellectual property law!!!! There are people that can patent your gene sequence, the one you momma and fathar made! Yes, it is obsurd, it is senseless and silly. I mean, they can sell clones of you and make your genes available to others when they finally start doing this. Budge out the bad genes, drop in Joe Bloggs...now jo bloggs will be less able to maintain a job because little old new kid on the block now has his amazing abilities!!! SO, are you a freak in a freak show, watch out for those damn rival carny families..they might take a bit of hair and pay to get your flipper genes and then they hold the patent! You will have to go to another company and use thier speical sequence thingy, costing you possibly more money because the second wave of methods for recording of synthesising could cost more money or they will at least know you precious flipper genes are totally already patented and you will have to get all into finding them so theycharge big money!

One day  I bet a alien species arrives and DMCA based notifies all world leaders out planet was a copybotted version stolen by some jerk and dropped down here....who knew copybotter nuetreno showers and commets full of the basis of a crbon life from could be copyright or trademarked? :(

Basically people want to make money from thier music. So, they have this frame work. THe irony is this. Because so many people are all trying to listen to the same thing...oops, because one or two companies own ALL the radio stations and made deals with rich record companies....well, we hear basically the same stuff on every station!! We use culture (which si what music, art and so on are part of WHEN commonly known) to enjoy common knowledge and basically create cultural experiences we understand. Understanding is the basis of humanities need for socialization, which leads to building a foundation of trust...we need this to survive, not stress and be peaceful.

You can swim for free in teh river, you can swim sort of free with freinds (you might be the one that brings the sodas or you drop off you awsome lawn chair set...so, not totally free...a group effort makes it more fun!), then there is the public pool you might pay for and then the final place....a olympic sized private sports and fitness companies pool. They have trainers there, you pay for membership and access...this is a different pool. You choose which one you want and pay accordingly.

Point: Jamendo has some stuff for free. Some bands are SOOO desperate for people to love thier band and hear thier stuff...maybe even a record deal if they can prove they are that popular! How can they do this? By CC or otherwise letting you use the music! Jamendo has some bands that allow this. When I say this to people, they just ignore me or think I am being a jerk....seriously, you are not wanted by these bands and they dont' want your freindship. If they did, theywould do like Nine Inch Nails has done and a few others...they simply state ?"I am the copyright holder, do with this as you please!" Or print "steal this album" on the front!!!! Seriously, people are looking to reach out to fans sometimes....let them see you don't want to hurt thier wallets and find amazingly neat bands on Jamendo or wherever they may be!

There is also public domain songs from way back. But,  recordings of these are...yes, you guessed it, copyright protected. The score isn't, but the music recording of that person playing it is! lol. But, you might be able to find it, chat to a freind who  might record it with ani nstrument they can play ect. The funny thing is, at one time these songs might have been sung in public places by people, on street corners and even at institutions...now, they are forgotten. No common culture with this, everyone has heard the pop on teh radio but these ones die out. Plus, there are far fewer and not as funny.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.