my contact list and groups won't load, my voice won't work.

Isabeau Huntsman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4616 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

since early this morning, when i log in my contacts and group lists are blank, and my voice doesn't work, and have no game sounds at all.

i also cannot teleport, it logs me out.

i did a clean install of my viewer, phoenix and firestorm but nothing changed. help?

also, i contacted my service provider, modem speed is perfect, everything was reset anyway. so slow internet connection isn't an issue.

UPDATE: after exhausting every fix i could find, a friend suggested it was my firewall, so i reset default settings, turned off the firewall, rebooted the computer, turned the firewall back on and logged into SL and it was fixed!

hope this helps someone else.  ~Emm

2 answers to this question

Emm Lycour wrote:

UPDATE: after exhausting every fix i could find, a friend suggested it was my firewall, so i reset default settings, turned off the firewall, rebooted the computer, turned the firewall back on and logged into SL and it was fixed!

hope this helps someone else.  ~Emm

Excellent news Emm, it would seem you are not alone though, several people are reporting the same issue on all viewers & a couple of JIRAs have been filed.....

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-26796

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-26806

Your firewall fix is an interesting development, I would suggest you post it for those 2 people and see if it fixes them too or if there is a deeper issue. Strange how a lot of firewalls could go weird at the same time giving the symptoms, I wonder what caused it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4616 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.