sitting avatar rotation sometimes wrong

Kayaker Magic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4776 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Normally when I sit on my vehicle, everything works fine. But every once in a while (5% chance) my avatar is rotated/tilted to a strange angle. In the script, I have even tried calling llSetLinkPrimitiveParams to force the avatar upright again, but this does not work! Only standing up and sitting on the vehicle again gets me oriented correctly when this happens. It is as if the angle is corrupted in the pose animation. I've been told “Oh, this is a common problem with vehicles” but I find no mention of it in the jira for llSitTarget.

I had this happen on a boat once.The pilots anim was one of my first, and I somehow got it turned 90 degrees before i imported it. It was a simple matter to correct things with the sit target  rots. But about once every 20 sits it would sit me sideways. Guess the server wasnt reading  the rot setting. Sometimes it took two or three resits to get it right. A new anim with a correct rot fixed the issue forever

In my case the root was turned correctly X forward and Z up. I was using a mildly tweaked version of the linden simple boat script, so a pretty basic pre mono LSL script. Standard sit target

llSitTarget(<0.5, -0.7, 0.8>,<0,0,-1.0,1>); corrected for my rotated anim.

Bear in mind that this was in 2006 and could very well have been the fault of a semi melted class 3 mainland server

I tried many different things to fix this, putting in delays in different places, forcing the avatar's rotation to be parallel to the XY plane. Nothing in the script fixed it. That last attempt had me thinking that the hip angle in the animation was sometimes corrupted. Finally I noticed that the pelvis angle I was getting was identical to the pelvis angle from the last animation that my AO was running when I sat down! This is that usual problem that a zero animation angle means “leave the old value in this joint”. I edited my sitting animation to have 0.2 degrees around the X axis in the pelvis, and now the problem is fixed!

The reason it only happened a small percentage of the time was because most of my fidget animations had zero pelvis rotation already!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4776 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.