Let me help you!

SalemEmberstone

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, I am here to offer you an opportunity. 

I am interested in modeling YOUR designs. However here's how I can help YOU.
For a small price plus your clothes, shoes, ect I will go to different locations and events wearing your items.
How would this help you?  Well by wearing your items to an event someone is bound to ask where I got something.
So what I would do is pass them a note card with slurls to your stores along with the names of the product their looking for.

So how much would this cost you for me to advertise your products?  Not much at all.
I'm only asking for between 500 and 1000 per week!  $1,000L is only $4.33us

If you're interested please contact me asap and fyi I'm male in both sl and rl.

Thanks SalemEmberstone

So, someone gives you their items, they pay you to wear them and...wait... here's what really happens...

Anyone else just right clicks the prims, chooses inspect and finds out where they are from, opens the creators profile, pops to the Picks entry and finds the one that says "My Store" and tp's there.

:)

Most people, if they see someone wearing an attractive item, will either click on the avie and 'inspect' the item or just ask the person where they got it.

This way, merchants do not need to pay anyone to wear their stuff.

There are also SL fashion mags and bloggers (in addition to many merchants who blog their own stuff) that showcase items.

Nice try!

You have gumption and drive - good for you.

You might find someone who takes you up on that....keep trying.  perhaps hand out a small gift item like a necktie or something while you are out cruising around.  Add that perk maybe.  Great advertising.

I used to have a gal do this type of thing....sort of....if I remember correctly.  She would take out gift boxes with an invite to store....she would keep track of names that she handed them to, then she would give those to me at end of day....then I would match to transaction list.

and don't you know....worked great  :)

but you will have to prove yourself.  possibly offer your service for free for a week....keep track of those names that handed stuff too....to prove it works.  (but not sure if every store owner will take the time to match them up - probably not)

The Panty Princess was looking for a guy to handle mens underwear for her blog, but it was not a paying job as far as I know...and I would imagine you have to be a very good writer to write the articles.  but it would be exposure for someone and would add to your resume.

you might have better luck handing cute gift bags with a woman's item in it....then handing stuff to men. 

Not sure how long you've been here....but men don't talk to each other much.  Women will talk your leg off.  keep that in mind on your marketing plans.

do not give up based on forum feedback.

Would you be willing to wear one of my Lampshades on your head for that?

Ever notice the huge discounts on newly release items in the market place marked "Promo"?  This is why we do it.  To get more of these out there as it takes hundreds of products, perhaps thousands across the grid to make any impact. 

However, doing Prmo marketing with launch discounts means we still make money.  In fact, I make far more on some of my specials than I do with my standard sales which is another factor.

When I worked with Jenna Jameson on her regions, we found many designers where dying to get her in their stuff.  She's a well known RL celebrity where we licened her brand to some creators who still have her stuff out and still pay a rev share for that brand which has never come close to the amount you are asking for.

Mickey Vandeverre wrote:

You have gumption and drive - good for you.

Well said, although this offer does seem more than a bit cheeky, I think we should be careful to piss gently on other people bonfires, especially when they are new and trying to make their way in our world. 

Most of us are responsible for at least one dodgy business idea, I could tell you all about 'Ziggy's Love Centre' but I won't (hangs head in shame). 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4614 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.