problems with paypal, posible solution

Abigail Merlin

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4009 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I'm sure I'm not the only one who is having problems paying LL using their paypal account.

After some struggeling and billing blaming paypal I have found 2 cases where paying does work.

first of all your account needs to be verified and have a bank account linked to it for it to be accepted but that is not enough for payments to work, the paypall account must either have enough balance to cover what you want to pay or you must also have a credit card linked to the paypal account.

In other words, you have to have a bank account linked but it is not even used.

one detail, linking my credidcard directly to my payment info does not work either, you would almsot think LL does want my money with all the hoops I have to jump trough to pay them.

edit: strange I posted this in general discusions forum, ah wel

Edit 2: in response of nyll, one of the backup funding has to be a creditcard, bank account will NOT work conterary to what the wiki claims.

6 answers to this question

All this is set out in Linden Lab's Wiki on Paypal.

PayPal

How do I setup payment with PayPal?

Follow these steps:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click the My Account tab.
  3. Click the Profile subtab.
  4. Under the Financial Information section, click My preapproved payments.
  5. If you have any existing billing agreements with Linden Research, select and cancel them.
  6. Go back to the Profile subtab again.
  7. Under the Account Information section, update your information where needed (your PayPal agreement may silently fail if your Second Life account lacks a billing address and email).

Then create the PayPal agreement with Linden Lab.

You must have funds available in your Primary funding source (PayPal balance) for any purchase to go through. If you do not have enough funds in your Primary, the remaining balance will be drawn from your Secondary funding source (bank account or credit card).

Hello.

No, you're not the only one... i got the same problem... and i'm very tied, because i'm trying to assiciate my SL account to my paypal account for 4 long month now....

My paypal account is verified, i have associate my bank and my credit card with it, i have money on my paypal..

I had send 2 tickets to LL, but they only tell me that i already know, to have bank or credit on it...

I have tryed the Nyll's solution (cancel all the existing agrement with LL, witch were ok), and it still tell me "you must have a verifed paypal account"...

What can i do else ?

this is realy enoying....

(sorry for my english, i'm from France...)

@Diane:

I suspect this is another issue with the flawed local payment system. It took me two months and lots of help from LL to get my credit card updated. I'm going to suggest you do not try to alter your Dashboard > Billing Information but instead proceed through the Lindex. Select Buy L$ on your Dashboard and you should get an option to add a payment method. Select Paypal and hopefully you will be brought to the Cashier system page where you can input all the necessary details. You will have to actually buy some Lindens this way but it may work. If you already have a payment method in Billing Information, which you don't seem to have, I'm not sure it will.

Failing that, try phoning Billing Support. https://support.secondlife.com/billing-support/ There is a toll-free number for France but support is in English only. Your english seems good so hopefully you can deal with this. Do NOT ask a friend to help with translation as Billing Support will most likely refuse to talk to you with another person there on the line.

If all this fails, send an email to support@payments.secondlife.com and ask for assistance detailing all you have tried so far.

I use paypal for ebay,amazon and many other places with verified account and not once did I have single problem but here It become so annoying trying to top up.try to add my card to my account accept but never showed up try add my paypal but kept asking me to verify I have never seen such complete nightmare trying to get gaming credits.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4009 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.