Any advices.

Rihanna Irata

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey guys,
Basicly after some time of not playing sl i decided to return and im almost sure that im gona get my first full sim (yeey). But fr now im not quet sure what to make on it, i always have whanted some rp but it seems like that would be hard to make. So for now m just planing on to making a town with stores appartments houses and stuff. With the new mesh systea, if i understand them right, i ciuld save up alot of prims that will give renters more prims to spend n theyr houses or stores. Im nt looking into getting rich from it, i just whant something to do in sl, for now my goal is just to earn some money so i dont have to pay all the sim rent myself. In this times would people beinterested into somethng likethis. And im looking for people that have geart ideas but dont have money to make them come true.

For exemple i have already found smbody that will manage a pub on the town, i will not take any money frm them , just so i dont have to manage it and they will attrackt people. Maybe sombody ells have somethng that they would like to have or do bt dont have space or money to do it? We could arrange somethng

Mesh wouldn't help you lower the prim count unfortunately. There is a prim equivalence cost (PE) now which basically mean a 1 mesh object may count more than 1 prim. The more detail a mesh object has, the higher the PE.

Building a sim is not problem, you can always comission some good builders to help you build.

Being involved in the development of a Region is considered a privilege by many and most charge a fee. Any helper should act accordingly. 

I would recommend patience and planning.

If I owned a full Region, I would visit sandboxes and other places of creation. I might sit for an hour or two and see who I believe are the good builders. Maybe after a couple visits, I might invite them to my region to work there.

A collection of Artisans, jointly or independently working on stunning projects of the highest quality. 

So i have to look on equivalence? Thats the actul prim size of the mesh?

Yeah building it shouldnt be much of an issue, just that is people this days looking for nice themed sims to explore and rent on them? And like i sayd im not much into become rich , so if anyone have any idea that they whant to own and manage on town themed sim without any rent we can arrennge something , like i did with the pub.

I'd really suggest you sit and think about what you're going to do with your sim. A badly thought out or poor design will not attract people to rent from you (If I got your idea right, you're going to want to charge rent for homes & stores yes?)

Also consider the implications of having a very busy pub / club/ shopping mall on people who wish to live there. Personally I wouldn't wish to live on a mixed zone sim,meaning commercial & homes on the same site.

I'd suggest looking up people who design sims in the first instance, and get an idea of the costs involved.

Lastly , I'd suggest you might want to use spell check in any advertising or notecards or signs you intend to use, badly written with incorrect spellings doesn't give a great impression to potential customers.  If you have a problem typing / spelling maybe let a business partner or close friend do them for you.

Good luck with your plans, its an exciting time!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4622 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.