Can't get Viewer v3.0 to run

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've downloaded and installed the latest LL viewer (v3.0.0.238864), but when I try to run it, nothing happens. I've tried this on two different machines, and I get the same result. I've been able to run other viewers (I'm using Firestorm right now). I've uninstalled everything... rebooted... reinstalled, but nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions?

When you say "nothing happens" do you mean that it's as if you never clicked the viewer shortcut to launch the viewer?  If that's the case then it's something to do with the installation. 

Try uninstalling the viewer again (plus any other SL viewer you might have installed on your computer).  Before downloading a fresh copy of V 3 again, do a search for any files and folders related to Second Life and manually delete them from your computer.  Install the viewer and try again.

As a general rule it's never a good idea to install any program over the top of an earlier version (there are exceptions since some installers uninstall the previous installation before the new one is installed........SL is not one of those though).  Uninstall the older viewer before you install the newer one (you usually don't have to search and delete all the files but sometimes, if the installation is messed up you should).  It's also not a good idea to "run" from any website when installing something..........download (save) to your computer and install from the downloaded setup program.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.