Sign in to follow this  
SL8995

HELP i want to learn how to build a house!

hello im new to SL and i always wanted to know how do i own a house? now i dont wanna buy the ones linden offers i want to make mine from scratch but how? do i NEED to buy land or can i go anywhere that allows me to build and just build my house there and if i do need to buy land how? im sorry but im confused if anyone knows how to do this and could gime a guide i would REALLY appreciate it! Thanks :)

Yes you can go to any sandbox and build a house but you can not leave it there, you have to Take it to your inventory or Delete it before you go or it will be Returned to your Lost and Found folder.

You can either rent or buy land depending on what you want to do. Try the classifieds for either or look at the posts in the Forum here as there are many great looking places to rent out.

You could check out some video tutorials, I've selected one that shows a video tour of the Ivory tower of prims.

You can learn to build in Public Sandboxes, open the world map type Sandbox.

Understanding how to Build using the Grid is very important.

You can learn a lot by Unlinking and taking apart other Residents buildings. 

There are many free classes on how to build.  Try searching for build classes at NCI or/and Builders Brewery.  The Happy Hippo Building School also offers classes.  Use the search feature to find dates/times and locations.

To have a place where you can leave your house and enjoy using it, you must buy or rent a parcel of land big enough to support the prims for the house and its furniture.

Search for "Ivory tower of primitives", and examine the tutorials there. It will teach you the most important skills for building with prims. You can practice building in sandbox sims, while learning.

The point to building houses in SL would seem to be that you can save them and modify them repeatedly until they seem to be beyond improvement... and then to always eventually find that they can still be improved.

"How to build a house" matters less than the question of how to discover how you want your house built.