Tips on how to shape my avatar

SL8995

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4601 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello im new to second life and i was wondering on how to completely change my avatar the one i started of as was a robot and then it switched to a male called "boy nextdoor" and it looks...bleh. Any ways i wanna know how i can completely change me apperance yes i know about the "change appearance option" but that only changes the color of my clothes and shap of my body is there a place i could buy eyes, hair, clothes for free? can someone give me a guide to shaping my avatar exactly how i want it? thank you! :)

I suggest you to check the SL Marketplace (Click Here), log in with the same Id and Password of your SL account. Search for products, ordering them by prices (Low to High). There you'll find a number of free items like clothes and accesories. One more tip: avoid those with the label of "Demo", they look fine but usually have some little trick to avoid you use them in the right way. As newbie, try those labeled as "Free", "Freebie" or "Gift"

Hi, it is some freebies for men to be found in SL, but it is much more for women. The hardest things to find for free is skin and shoes. It would help if you could buy a few §L. Let us know if you can do that and what your budget are? For skin, you can join the Belleza group and pick up all their previous groupgifts for 250L, that is many skins and it will cost you 1.37 USD.

But there is better avatars in your library!  The Boy Next Door is probably the oldest and most crude in your library. Try to go to the clothing section, you will find many more to choose from. No need to wear all parts, you can mix and match. 

To buy and try out new clothes and hair, you need to enter "Advanced" mode. Look down on your screen, if you are in "Basic" you must change that and relog.

The following pictures show free male hair at Exile. You buy them for 0 linden. Every hair shown comes in 40 colors. Remember to wear the bald cap included, it removes your newbie hair.

The next one is a free AO for newbies under 30 days old. AO is short for Animation Override and it replaces your default stands and walk. Just click the male AO poster and wear the AO you get in a folder. It should work without you having to do more. the store is LAP, it's Long Awkvard Pose, not Lapdance. :matte-motes-big-grin-wink: 

The last one is the freebie shop called The Free Dove. Some of the free stuff in here was free when I started SL 4 years ago, but it is some good new stuff between the junk. Arrows show 2 good sets, from Pig and Sn@tch. The box from Pig is especially good, but don't try to wear all at once, it's a mix'n match box.

With this stuff and some free shoes from the Marketplace or your inventory, you should look a lot better!

Freebie collage.jpg 

Heaven's Gate Neo is one place that offers free shape and skins for people under 30 days. They also offer free skins in male and female for others, and free or cheap eyes. I can't remember which it is, off hand. They also have a lot of lucky boards.

I think they also make a few free outfits. They used to have a free male or female AO also but I haven't seen those in a while.

I ilke the place and I feature it in my style cards.

I make free shapes and the location is in my Profile Picks or search "FREE SHAPES"  you will find it. 

• 2 weeks later...

hi, i also find it useful to join groups from stores that sell shapes and skins, they sometimes give out groupgifts so you get shapes and skins from the more expensive stores. Some have a groupjoin fee, but not all. And don't forget Midnight mania's.

And look for free stuf and such on blogs like:

http://iheartsl.com/

http://fabfree.wordpress.com/

If you want to edit your own shape you need one you can edit/modivy your self.

For mesurments there is a nice blog/flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/digits/ 

greetings,

cherry Ravinelli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4601 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.