An odd problem

SoniaStrummFan

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, so I recently got a new router at my house, and ever since we had it installed, SL hasn't worked the same way for me. I can login without a problem, but I'm VERY limited to where I can go. I'm able to move freely in a spot called "The Doll Works" without any difficulty for the most part. In that area, if I jump or go into the air, it makes me keep flying up and won't let me stop or control myself. This happens with or without vehicles:( The main issue I'm having is that almost everywhereI try to go in SL, my internet acts up. SL stays open, but my avatar becomes frozen in place. She still moves, but she won't walk or run. I can still look around, I just can't move forward or backward. That and things load very slowly and my internet keeps connecting and disconnecting, eventually logging me out of SL. The internet works fine when I'm not playing SL, but when I try to play SL, the game acts up along with the connection. I didn't have this problem with my old router though. The problems with SL didn't start for me until we got the new one. They took the old one with them, so I can't try to switch back to my old router, and I already adjusted my firewall to all SL, but I'm still having these issue:( Can anyone offer me any advice?

Sounds almost exactly like this other post: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Second-Life-Server/Unique-Problem-New-Internet-Connection-SL-suddenly-problematic/m-p/1063945#M1958

Do you have a friend of family member that can let you test using their router? At least once you have proved it is the router at fault you can get it replaced.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4619 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.