how do i get my avatar reconnected to the grid or the servers no land information nothing rezzes ?

TclaireTbearT Aeon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i login and am a cloud if lucky sometimes stuck in corner of sim unable to see my avatar i cannot move i am able to stay on maybe 2-3 minutes until gestures start to load i receive fail messages for them and sl logs me out not when i try to go to land above where it would normally tell you who owns and all the ifnormation there is never any and i have tried all things such as login with different viewers test character avatar female and i have cleared cache uninstalled all traces of sl viewer and reinstalled have tried viewer 2.0 pheonix firestorm singularity it's always the same result to explain what knocked me off the grid i beleive it was some greifer where they rezzed these zombie like things one of them pushed me over the edge of sim when normally you bounce off the edge i floated through continued floating and then crashed i figured ok relog and be fine when i come back in but no it has really messed me up and i have tried linden support but they have refused to give me any help due to the fact i am not a premium member apparently being a business owner in secondlife is not enough i'm looking for help from anyone who may have experienced this or has an idea on how i can push my avatar back into the grid i have tried everything i can think of and it is not working i really beleive it has to be done from the lindens side but them refusing to help has been rather upsetting i could easily pay one in lindens to help and fix this problem if anyone can help the avatar effected is TclaireTbearT Aeon  and the alt i am temporarily using if you wish to contact me in game is Kmart Magic

2 answers to this question

I can remember that happening to me long ago. Stuck at 10,10,10 or something forever in a blue space and couldn't go anywhere. It seemed (back then) to be a server issue and rectified itself in a day or so if I remember. You have already tried a few things and it doesn't seem like a "viewer" issue, but an account issue. 

I only have two ideas really. Have you tried logging into the beta grid to see if you can get into there? That is a separate grid and knowing if you can log in there would be a step (maybe ) to figuring out what the problem is.

You didn't say how long this has been going on. If it is only a few hours or a day, it "may" fix itself when the sim you are in (or where you should be anyway) gets restarted.  Can your ALT get to the same sim you are stuck in?  Can they "see" you where you are supposed to be? EDIT: On rereading your post I see you must be stuck in "unknown" or something like that, not a region with a name, so cross this one off :D.

The only way you can really get help with this kind of account issue is to be Premium. It may be worth it to you to go premium for a month in order to get some live chat support. If not, then it may just be a problem for patience. I am hoping someone has a better answer, but those are the only things I can think of.

Take a deep breath...........

Your user_settings file may be borked.  Reinstalling the viewer or using a different viewer will usually not repair that file.  It's simply passed from one installation to the next so that you don't have to re-enter all of your Preference settings when you upgrade.  In your case, though, that may be exactly what you need to do.  See >>> http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/User_settings to find where your user_settings file is. When you have found the folder, delete everything in it.  Then locate the folders that have the names of each of your avatars (alts).  They have labels in the form firstname_lastname.  In each of these folders, locate the file settings_per_account.xml and delete it.  When you log in to SL next time, your viewer will recognize that those files are missing and will create replacements, presumably not borked ones.  You will have to re-enter all of your Preferences, but you should at least be in world again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4780 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.