please make viewers "LL varifyed" and open a test grid for viewer only testing

Beta Yuya

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4624 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

reason for this request, can cut down on theft of content via copybots, inventory download hacks and so on, as a RL comany part owner i find it appauling to finally meet someone i have not seen in years and hear that someone was just stealing content from everyone and got caught, why do you (LL) unauthenticate your viewers?

for all i know the to friends could have been botting me just now

secure the "open sorce" connection with the exception that users can create and send in their viewers to be "authenticated" by LL for use in SL and thus support the open sorse development, but with more limits and a varification

one major consern would be Mesh and sculpt theft Theft

note:(i wouls also like to descuss matters like this more with LL development, if you are a Linden, and want to hear my conserns and ideas, or the two names in question about this supposed friend that got caught, please sent me an E-Mail)

1 answer to this question

This is a resident forum.  There are no Lindens here.  If you have a suggestion that could improve SL, the best way to submit it is to create a case at http://jira.secondlife.com.    In the upper right corner of that site, check the +Create Issue link and then select Project: Second Life Service, Issue Type : New Feature.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4624 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.