Respecting parcel boundaries concerning messaging

Tahl

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm sure it's an old dead topic, but didn't find anything on it. Perhaps someone can provide a pointer, as I'm interested in why parcel protections haven't been added for messaging. Some parcel's are large and the owner needs shouts to reach across the parcel, but that can overlap another parcel, which can be annoying for the parcel owner. Sure, they can mute, but if a shop, all their customers will be subjected to the shouts. I'd think it's only a couple lines of code to handle a parcel feature which keeps shouts from other parcels being processed on a parcel. Perhaps I'm wrong. As I said, if there's a link somewhere or a better forum for this, I'd love to know.

Tahl

Thanks, and my apologies. I should have personally checked another viewer. Apparently phoenix has it, firestorm doesn't, and all of the documentation and wiki pages I googled don't have it. :(

Edit: But of course the 2.8.0 release notes do. lol

Tahl wrote:

Thanks, and my apologies. I should have personally checked another viewer. Apparently phoenix has it, firestorm doesn't, and all of the documentation and wiki pages I googled don't have it.
:(

Edit: But of course the 2.8.0 release notes do. lol

It is a very recent LL feature & there has a been a Phoenix update since it was introduced, but not a Firestorm update yet. It will be in the next Firestorm release coming soon along with mesh support and 64m prims.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.