Egregious Griefer! Help!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I use a large font because I am visually handicapped.

I need help neutralizing a griefer.  5/8's of my parcels are compromised and useless. 

My monthly tier is mostly wasted.  I have 1/8 sim.  

Griefer uses 4 "nearby conversation" windows that fill 1/3 of my display with following: NIGGERFAGGOT SHOUTS: SPAM SPAM GRIEF GRIEF SPAM SPAM GRIEF GRIEF, etc.  

G. causes extreme lag.  My mouse and keyboard inputs are nearly useless.  I have to use Snow Leopard Force Quit to shutdown SL.  Sometimes even that has a long lag and I need to reboot my computer. This lag is not on my end because two of my parcels are normal and there are no issues on structures above GL.

Griefer has commandeered my About Land Objects, Sounds, and Access.  G. has given permission to edit terrain, object entry, run scripts, allow public access and turn on voice.  G. has greyed out most of my About Land menus and blocked my access.  

Since I have 8 parcels, I have 8 different About Land configs.  A couple of menus I've been able to access and change.  But it doesn't matter.  Griefer can toggle settings.  Even when G. is present and menus are "correct" I have to Force Quit SL anyway.

I cannot report abuse.  There's no way to access G.'s Profile.

If anyone has a solution I've missed let me know.  If not, and you are a coder who's been in-world a few years, I'm happy to pay a $L fee to neutralize.  Search me at: kurt7D8 avon and IM me.  We'll have some privacy.  We'll figure out a fee and I'll give you permissions -- IF I can.

I find "NIGGERFAGGOT" extremely offensive.  RL has enough heterosexual white male bigot chauvinistic homophobes.

His name alone is enough to file an Abuse Report against him, as I too find it extremely offensive. Choosing a name like that is equal to promoting hate speech, and that is already against the TOS.  Get your friends to file their own Abuse Report against him, the more the merrier. (oh, and I will jump on that bandwagon too, we don't need this in our SL)

kurt7D8 Avon wrote:

I cannot report abuse.  There's no way to access G.'s Profile.

You can use "Governor Linden" as a placeholder if you don¡t know the offender's name. See http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Filing-an-abuse-report/ta-p/700065#Section_.2

32px-KBtip.pngTip: If you don't know the offender's name, choose "Governor Linden" as a placeholder and explain in the report details.

Not sure how someone can change parcel settings on land you own, but here are a couple of guesses:

1) You own land as part of a group, and someone in the group with permissions has done it.

--- check your land group (if any) to see if this is possible.

2) The griefer has been able to access or guess your account password, and has logged in while you were offline, and sold himself your land.

--- check to see if you still own the land. If not, the griefer's name (or some other account he has access to) will be there. Change your password, and keep it secure.

edit: you might try posting this question in the land forums too.

I'll have to read your OP slower because I find the graphics hard to read. I will make this print bigger for you.

Can you move and sell your land?

They are probably using a display name or they've removed their name from search (for this reason there should still be a way to abuse report someone who's done this.)

You can file a ticket or contact live chat if you cannot report abuse. (The AR form demands a name, I know.) You can also put Governor Linden as the name if you cannot find a name and then explain as best you can in the comment section of the AR form.

Can you mute the person? I realize that doesn't solve it for your visitors. Right click the person or click their name in chat (that should lead you to their profile) and click MUTE.

Could you edit your OP so that the offensive words are like this N*** F***T or something? Because it's just as bad here in huge bold letters to us as it is for you on your land. ;)

Hope that helps.

Many thanks.  I have checked all eight parcels.  I am owner. I am not part of any group.  I don't think my password has been compromised or griefer would have spent/bought $L.

I will also post on Land Forum.  Good idea.  I didn't want to cross-post.  Thanks again.

Thanks for N******F****** tip.  Re: mute, there is no AV to click on.  There are only dialog boxes and extreme lag. Also, these boxes will not show up in a screen shot.

Aren't the dialog windows objects?  There must be some way to identify them.  Can you think of another way? Thanks again.

This is a reply to everyone who commented.  I tried floating it to the top.

Re: the offensive hate speech N******F*****, I did file a AR using Governor Linden as placeholder.  Thanks for that advice.

I would appreciate it if some of you who commented could also file an AR.  This is in everyone's interest. SL is a world of magic and great beauty.  There are sims designated for aggression but they're not good enough for some griefers--who want to hurt innocent people and destroy property and money.

The offending areas are:

Fumb 31, 152, 95

Fumb 16, 183, 96

Fumb 100, 69, 63

Fumb 14, 165, 96

Fumb 62, 47, 61

kurt7D8 Avon wrote:

Aren't the dialog windows objects?  There must be some way to identify them.  Can you think of another way? Thanks again.

Yes, you can make a screenshot of them easily on your Mac. Do not use the SL screenshot utility. Instead, hold down Command-Shift-4 and when the cursor turns to a crosshair, drag around the area you want to save. That will place a screenshot on your desktop that includes everything within the rectangle you selected.

Great going Marianne! Woot!

Once again I vote for all abandoned land to be set to auto return of 1 or higher, by default...

And urge everyone who owns land to set auto return whether they have build enabled or not. 

It's amazing how often this will avoid problems! Griefers love their LOL cubes and such, and abandoned/ 0 return land.

Melita Magic wrote:

Great going Marianne! Woot!

Once again I vote for all abandoned land to be set to auto return of 1 or higher, by default...

And urge everyone who owns land to set auto return whether they have build enabled or not. 

It's amazing how often this will avoid problems! Griefers love their LOL cubes and such, and abandoned/ 0 return land.

Thanks!

I believe that abandoned land is *supposed* to have autoreturn set as part of the process *now,* but older abandoned parcels do not. If you have an abandoned or otherwise linden-owned parcel near you that does not have autoreturn set, file a support ticked under Land > Linden-Owner Parcel Issues, and they'll fix it pretty soon. :-)

• 1 year later...

Having the same issues in Ullfire

Ulfire (124, 20, 35)

Shadows house,

Ulfire (118, 18, 29) The Parlour, Ulfire (53, 92, 29)

object name: africa

owner: wabbasabba

creator: Apple Dumpling

Object emmiting stream particles and figures with the message in chat from object name NIGGERFAGGOT and shouting:

shouts: SPAM SPAM GRIEF SPAM SPAM GRIEF SPAM SPAM GRIEF SPAM SPAM GRIEF SPAM SPAM GRIEF SPAM SPAM GRIEF SPAM SPAM GRIEF SPAM SPAM GRIEF SPAM SPAM GRIEF SPAM SPAM GRIEF SPAM SPAM GRIEF SPAM SPAM

I wish people would get a life

Welcome to Second Life Forums, Lakshmi

I agree, these people who choose to grief others should get a life, but this is, rather pathetically, what they choose to do with their life.

I teleported across to Ulfire sim. What a mess! I submitted a couple of abuse reports to Linden Lab, and I also left a message with the owner of the Linden home where the griefer had left the root prims.  Because the owner of that particular parcel of land has restricted access in the form of ban lines (you have to buy a pass to gain access it seems), I guess they didn't think they needed to have no autoreturn set on their land.

What you can do, for now, is submit an abuse report also to Linden Lab.  You can also mute the owner of the offending prims. This will shut them all off and silence the audible noise and also the chat spam. It will not, however, make the sim performance improve. 

If you do not already have autoreturn set on your land, pleasure ensure you do, and also, be neighbourly, and encourage the other residents of your Linden Home sim to put autoreturn on their land.  This will discourage griefers.

• 3 years later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2755 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.