1 Year & 1 month - Can we please opt out from sale emails.

Hollee Dion

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi I saw your update to the JIRA and wanted to follow it up.  I have 'Notify Off' for all my marketplace magic boxes.  I have set the client to not send me emails for instant messages when I'm offline.  These options work correctly for me.  (and I hope that's not what the web marketplace team think the problem relates to)

But for every sale on the web marketplace I get an email with the transaction detail.  I have a few quite cheap and popular items on the marketplace so I'm getting 20 (sometimes more) emails a day.  So if I'm away for a few of days I can end up with a massive inbox.  

Yes it's easy enough to filter them to junk but like I added on the JIRA, this is a web/technology company and this shouldn't be outside their realm of expertise.  Can I just not find the appropriate page for this or something if so please tell me...  I cannot find where we can disable them.  If not, can we please have a tick box somewhere where we can opt out of receiving these sale emails?  

Hollee,

The sales notifications provided by XStreet were a function of the website code itself, not the Magic Box or its functions. When they created the Marketplace, they left the Magic Box as it was but rewrote the "send item X to customer Y" function from scratch. That latter function was responsible for sending the notification emails on XStreet and also does the same on Marketplace.

As a result, they left out the ability to enable or disable sales notification emails on a per item basis. They also left out the ability to disable them globally (for all items you sell). They enabled them and did not provide any method to change that at all. That is why you cannot find any way to turn them on or off on Marketplace; that setting does not exist.

In my case it's even crazier. I get email notifications .. sometimes. Sometimes I don't. Sometimes when I get them, they are several days to a week late. Sometimes when I get them, they arrive before the IM from the Magic Box arrives.

I have written a message handling rule (in my email program) that puts all of them into a special folder. Periodically I delete the contents of that folder. I leave my email program running constantly and have it check/download new incoming email messages every five minutes.

It is my hope that when they release Direct Delivery that they will also add the option to enable or disable sales notification emails on a per item basis. However that feature has not been mentioned and thus it is entirely possible they do absolutely nothing to change the current behavior. (Although from an implementation point of view, and with this issue now being over a year old, leaving it "broken" would be a serious and inexcusable oversight IMO.)

Personally, I'd be happy if they just give me one global option that lets me turn them ALL off. Then I'll write a service function that uses the ANS data to send me email notifications only for those products I care to know about and not for those that I don't care about. (I would then sell that service to others on a subscription basis as well .. and FIX this problem once and for all.) However, until they provide that one global option to disable all email sales notifications, this idea sits on my drawing board .. 99% done and waiting for LL to finish their 1%. *SIGH*

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4626 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.