Error Message for Removed Posts and/or Threads

Roseysun Galicia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4624 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

When I would click on the link in email to take me to a thread or post and it isn't there the error message is a bit generic and claims that an Administrator has been made aware of the glitch.  Not that it is because the post or thread was removed.   It would be nice if Lithium could clean that up a little.

Seconded! Although it would be really kewl if a giant animated hand would come out and take a swipe at you while playing a sound clip of some crazy person screaming "You are NOT ALLOWED to see THAT!!" At least a "Post has been removed" message would be useful. (And seriously, they can leave off the "try again later" BS. We ALL know it ain't coming back ever ever again. LOL)

Darrius Gothly wrote:

Seconded! Although it would be really kewl if a giant animated hand would come out and take a swipe at you while playing a sound clip of some crazy person screaming "You are NOT ALLOWED to see THAT!!" At least a "Post has been removed" message would be useful. (And seriously, they can leave off the "try again later" BS. We ALL know it ain't coming back ever ever again. LOL)

That was the best laugh I have had all day.  Thankyou!!!! 

Although the message should be more like:  The post/thread you are trying to reach was removed. 

Its short and should be generic enough to work for any and all Lithium clients.  :-)

.. or at least a "Rumbler" in the mouse similar to that in a lot of Game Console Controllers.

Of course the mouse would have to come with a list of cautions and disclaimers similar to "Check with your doctor to see if your heart is healthy enough for computer activities."

Yup, we are having WAY too much fun with this idea. I think I better go read some posts by the kvetches in GD to get my feet back on the ground some. *grin*

Darrius Gothly wrote:

.. or at least a "Rumbler" in the mouse similar to that in a lot of Game Console Controllers.

Of course the mouse would have to come with a list of cautions and disclaimers similar to "Check with your doctor to see if your heart is healthy enough for computer activities."

Yup, we are having WAY too much fun with this idea. I think I better go read some posts by the kvetches in GD to get my feet back on the ground some. *grin*

Oh the irony lol....Make it so good that the mods pull it on the grounds of heath and safety to users. 9.gif

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4624 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.